Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Musial/Sandberg Update - Frosty's Gypsy Queen Leather Minis (Heavy Scans)

03/02/13 UPDATE

Long overdue update! Here's the batch of the last dozen examples: Alex Gordon, Jhonny Peralta, Russell Martin, Alexei Ramirez, Kelly Johnson, Stan Musial (RIP), Nick Markakis, Carlos Quentin, Ryne Sandberg, Miguel Tejada, Adam Wainwright and Trevor Cahill. Now just 13 away from 50% complete.

====================
    09/26/12 UPDATE

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update but I finally hit a new milestone, that is, 150 leather minis! Here's the newest batch of 13: Dale Murphy, R.A. Dickey, Hank Conger, Jason Vargas, Zack Greinke, Barry Larkin, Ryan Dempster, Rafael Furcal, Alex Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Roy Campanella, Angel Pagan and Neftali Feliz. Thanks to everyone who helped me make more progress on this insane project. Now on to 175 which would make the set 50% complete!

====================
    05/21/12 UPDATE

Will Frosty ever give up on this project? NEVER!

Here's yet another dozen of new additions. I wouldn't have this big of an update if it hadn't been for a collector friend who has been patiently helping me out on this project for several months. He has decided to let go of the last 8 examples I needed for my set and has my eternal gratitude for that. I'm beyond stoked to have finally added Buster Posey and Lou Gehrig to this difficult set.

Included: Duke Snider, Mitch Moreland, Evan Longoria, Ben Revere, Ian Kennedy, Buster Posey, Kyle Drabek, Ike Davis, Lou Gehrig, Aubrey Huff, Brandon Morrow and Brian Roberts

====================
    04/21/12 UPDATE

They just keep a-comin'! :D

This update brings the total to 125. Just 50 more to reach the halfway mark of 175. I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this project.

Includes Jered Weaver, Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson, Travis Wood, Heath Bell, Madison Bumgarner, Jake Arrieta, Joba "Trampoline Champ" Chamberlain, Miguel Montero, Jeremy Jeffress, Matt Cain & Sean Rodriguez

====================
    03/29/12 UPDATE

March's almost over but not without a big update! This has to be one of the happiest updates I'd ever make in a long time... Like Ripken Jr, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get the Big Kahuna himself, Derek Jeter...because of how tough it would be to get any of his low-#ed SPs due to immense popularity...but I somehow managed to get him! :D Also very happy to add two more Tigers to this set. And I want to thank everyone who's contributed to this fun project! Please enjoy! Already working hard on the April update!

Included: Justin Verlander, Derek Jeter, Frank Robinson (Orioles), Bobby Abreu, Brennan Boesch, David DeJesus, Mark Teixeira, Roy Oswalt, Erik Bedard, Colby Lewis, Denard Span and Hunter Pence.

====================
    02/28/12 UPDATE

G'aft everyone! Big update! Made it past 100...that's a nice milestone. 2 HOFers...#42 Jackie Robinson and Cal Ripken Jr! :D :D I never thought I'd get Ripken Jr for my set anytime soon considering how aggressive those player collectors are. I also want to thank everybody who has helped me get this far in the project and I'm very grateful for that. Hope you enjoy this update!

Included: Cameron Maybin, Jackie Robinson, Jason Bartlett, Ted Lilly, Jose Reyes, Daniel Bard, Cal Ripken Jr (did I really get him? Daaamn) & Brian Bogusevic.

====================
    02/13/11 UPDATE

Here's a big mailday update...12 new additions: David Ortiz, CC Sabathia, Gary Carter, Mat Latos, Tommy Hanson, Alex Rodriguez, Felix Hernandez, Clayton Kershaw, Ryan Ludwick, Chad Billingsley, Robinson Cano & Derrek Lee. Please enjoy...and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any such leather minis...even if you're not ready to sell/trade them.

====================
    Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to apologize for being inactive in this forum for so long. I have posted my GQ leather mini mailday threads in several other forums but not here. Perhaps I am too lazy to post the same stuff in yet another forum. Anyways, I thought I'd post all of what I have to date before starting a separate thread for future pickups.

You can see how passionate I really am about putting together this tough subset that only contains examples #ed 01/10 or 10/10. This is going to be my final major collecting goal (due to losing eyesight) and I wanted to make it an unique challenge. I don't foresee getting all 350 in the end but I want to see how far I can go. If any of you happen to have such leather minis (#ed 01/10 or 10/10), please do let me know...even if you're not ready to part with any....that would help me know where certain examples are.

So...please enjoy the gallery of 81 leather minis (please ignore Cano which is actually a sepia mini) and let me know what you think! In a week or two, I'll post a new mailday thread for future acquisitions.

Last edited by FrostyCollects; 03-02-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: 03/02/13 Update
    Collecting 2011 Gypsy Queen Leather Minis #ed 01/10 or 10/10
    Click Hidden Content to see my GQ leather minis (162/350) - Updated 03/02/13
    WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

Wow! Just wow! Best of luck to you in this endeavor! Sorry circumstances aren't going to let you enjoy collecting any more but this is a hell of a way to go out!
    Looking for all Roy Campanella cards: base, inserts, GU, anything I don't have is fair game.

Thanks, cwazzy! I'll be posting an update next week...there will be at least a dozen more leather minis. Getting close to 100... Grind, grind, grind...
    Last edited by FrostyCollects; 02-10-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

02/13/12 Update - Gary Carter, Cy Young Winners, Damn Yankees, etc..

Check out the first post for a dozen new additions!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE FIRST POST

Nice collection!!

02/28/12 Update - Ripken Jr, #42 and Co.

Check out the first post for 8 new additions including Ripken Jr!

03/29/12 Update - Jeter, Verlander & Co.

12 new additions including Jeter! Please check them out!

Nolan Ryan & Co. Update

Another dozen added...including Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson, etc...please check them out.

CLICK HERE FOR NEW ADDITIONS!

This is an incredible feat. Keep going!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast