Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country

sucks about those coaches and security. I have a way with security guards that usually works for me, but may in fact get me arrested someday haha.

If you have any of that guy for trade (the #1 prospect dude) I might be interested.

Hah Yeah, I'm not one for confrontation, so if I miss out on getting a few graphs or so, I'll be upset at first, but I get over it. Not worth getting arrested or kicked out over.

I might be able to trade one, I have to check with my buddy who was supposed to go with, but couldn't and see what he has to offer. Lol I'll let you know.

BANNED

Country

Here are the pics from the last couple of days:

Friday-
    Tyus Jones: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...s/mail10-1.jpg Pic was low quality and it didn't turn out great.

Jabari Parker- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail8.jpg Not sure how it looks in the picture, but it looks pretty good IP, could be better still though.

Brad Stevens- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail7.jpg Couldn't have turned out any better. So happy/pleased with this one.

Saturday-

Jabari Parker #2- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail6.jpg Turned out way better than the other one, also.

Tyus Jones #2- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...utos/mail5.jpg The pic quality is WAY better, but I'm still not 100% completely satisfied. Lol I'm happy to have it though. Gonna try to get the ESPN HS magazine with him on the cover, but can't find it anywhere. :(

Swarm:

team logo 8X10- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...tos/mail-1.jpg Dan Ball (39, top middle) and Callum Crawford (98, looks like a 78) added.

Kevin Ross- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...os/mail2-1.jpg

Jordan MacIntosh- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...os/mail3-1.jpg Pic is from his college days.

Jay Card/Nik Bilic- http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...os/mail4-1.jpg

I'll put jersey up here next week after most of the teams signs it, It's slowly filling up though.

BANNED

Country

Well this has been a terrible of graphing before it even started. Had tix to the Vikings draft party, got an email 3 days before the draft with a price sheet for autographs. There were 3 sessions $20 per session and only 200 people per session. To make it worse the players were a bunch of our scrub players and a few former players who are around all the time and not worth $20. I was frusterated cause this is the first year they have charged for autographs. I sold my tix. Then on draft night saw on Twitter that many guys not mentioned in the email like AP, Carl Eller, Joe Webb and others were just hanging around the party and signed/took pics for free. Instantly ticked, but I got over it...

....Till today. Supposed to be the Swarm season finale with the team autograph session. I was printing off some custom 8X10's this morning when my mom was like "What are those for?" I told her and she said "Oh, well we decided to not stay after, tonight." Umm Hello? WE? no. This was at 10 am and no one in my family would budge, so at 4:30 when they left, I decided not to go.

This made me even more upset about the draft party, cause these were the last two IP opportunities I had scheduled in quite a while and since I don't really do TTM anymore, it could be awhile before I get any more graphs. I'm already pre maturely feeling "the itch" just cause I know this is a dead time coming up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice returns!
    Last edited by Texas Red; 04-29-2012 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Country

Thanks! Appreciate it.

No successes today, but draft weekend was an eventful one for me and some friends, which could lead to some IP and/or TTM successes down the road.

1st day 3 of the draft and FA signing period was huge. In the 6th round an old HS teammate of mine (I was an equipment manager for four years in HS) was drafted by the Redskins. I didn't think he remembered me, but when I followed him on Twitter, he followed me back soon after.

After the draft a couple of my buddies from NDSU (where I went to school and managed for 1 year) were picked up as UFAs

First was our TE who signed with the Jaguars.

2nd was our star RB who signed with the Redskins.

Then the last couple of days one of our former CBs who was supposed to get drafted in 2011, but wasn't then signed with the Saints before getting hurt/cut at training camp, was supposed to go to the Seahawks, but then he announced earlier today he was going to Vikings camp instead.

I was instantly pumped cause I go to training camp every year for the Vikes, cause they are the local team (for now) and are my favorite team. He may be able to hook me up at camp. We were pretty close at NDSU. I'd play catch with him everyday before practice to get warmed up and stuff.

Also our TE who is with the Jags, could be in MN for the season opener since the Jags open @ the Vikes. Depending on who makes the teams, I could land some good hook ups with a few of the teams.

BANNED

Country

Swarm hosted the West finals tonight. I didn't graph pre game or post game (which is good cause they got stomped).

Before the game though I went into the "Hockey Lodge" which is the "gift shop" at the X. They had former Minnesota Wild players autographed 8X10 on clearance. I picked up one of Andrew Brunette who is debatebly a top 10 to top 5 All-time Wild player.

The non clearance ones usually range from $50 to $150. So I was happy to pick that up, plus they are mailing me a COA for free. Unfortunately I wasted my money on a $25 t shirt from the game, which I deeply regret (cause the Swarm lost 15-3). I should of got another 8X10. Lol

It may be a while till my next IP opportunity. It will probably be either a Lynx (WNBA) or St. Cloud Rox (NWL, College summer baseball) game. Will try to post a pic in the AM, may be later though.
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 05-13-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Additional info

BANNED

Country

Bought a HIT box of rookie cards. 2 autos included. Pulled George Iloka and Alex Tanney. Also got a box of upper deck and got 6 Vikings rookies and a former Gopher.

I had never heard of Tanney. Had to google search him. He appearantly played at Monmouth. Had good numbers, did get a try out with the Bills, but appearantly didn't get an offer. He is appearantly known for a "trick shot" video of him making amazing passes (He's a QB).

Going to the Twins game tomorrow. Gonna try to graph, but not expecting to get anything.

BANNED

Country

Twins game tonight can be deemed a success, considering past debacles with the organization and stadium.

Got there a little after the gates opened at 5:30 went to my seats. Nobody was at the stadium yet. Got a front spot right where I wanted, by where the Twins warmed up. A's were still doing BP, but I waited. I was expecting to have to fight a crowd, but didn't have to.

The crowd was me and 2 other guys, until the players started coming out, then about 10 others came down. Still a relatively small crowd. There were some graphers over in the VIP area where a good amount of players signed.

Anyways I got Drew Butera and Jamey Carroll of the Twins on an 8X10 of the Twins logo. Ben Revere, also signed, but down the far side and didn't come to my side. Justin Morneau, Brian Dozier and Tevor Plouffe signed for the VIPs but no one else.

Just when the majority of the guys were coming out to warm up the usher made everyone go to their seats. I said to him "I have tix in this section" He replied "where?" "4 rows up" I replied. "Go to your seat, no one is going to stop" He responded. I've been graphing long enough to know he was full of sh!t, but I didn't feel like dealing with the pr!ck so I just went to my seats. I went up to the restroom and of course when I was up there Span signed for some kids (who for some reason didn't have to go to their seats; He singled out us adults). I was close enough I could have still ran down and got him probably, if I would have been at my seats.

Needless to say, I was pissed and will complain to the Twins, despite knowing I will get no response. I probably won't be going back to a Twins game, ever unless the Marlins come to town and I will just graph them. The Twins are a terrible signing team as it is and are a poorly run organization, on and off the field. Their fan appreciation and support is slim to none. The Pohlads just care about their money and not satisfying the fans or putting a respectable/winning team on the field. They have made that clear for the longest time, which is why I stopped cheering for the organization around age 15.

I went tonight cause 1. The starting pitcher is a new call up, who I know and it was his first career home start. He was a pitcher for the 2006 Gophers team, which I was a bat boy for. I know him pretty well. and 2. I was able to score 2 4th row seats for $45 on stubhub (fees included).

Recap:
    Got-
    Catcher, Drew Butera 1/1 team logo 8X10
    SS, Jamey Carroll 1/1 team logo 8X10
    Missed-
    Justin Morneau 0/1 card, Only signed for VIPs
    Ben Revere 0/1 team logo 8X10, didn't get to me
    Joe Mauer 0/1 card, didn't sign of course
    Alexi Casilla 0/1 card, didn't sign
    Francisco Liriano 0/1 card, didn't see him
    Denard Span 0/1 card, signed after I was forced back to my seats
    Matt Capps 0/1 card didn't see him
    Glen Perkins, 0/1 card, didn't see him
    Ryan Doumit, 0/1 card, didn't sign
    Ron Gardenhire, 0/1 card didn't see him
    Brian Dozier, 0/1 logo 8X10, only signed for VIPs
    Trevor Plouffe 0/1 same....

Anyone not mentioned didn't sign and I had nothing special for them.

Might be going to the St.Cloud Rox (NWL; College summer baseball) first ever home opener on Saturday night, if I don't work on Sunday. They are supposed to have a "special guest" throw out the 1st pitch. :)
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 05-30-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: additional info

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

You're ripping the Pohlads as bad owners? I wish the freaking Dolans did half of what the Polad's did. Notice you guys didn't dump Mauer or Morneau for prospects when their contracts were expiring and they got signed to huge deals? Granted the deals don't look so good now, but at least you haven't watched your team trade away consecutive Cy Young award winners.

Just trying to give you a little half glass full approach. I know the team is playing poorly and you guys have no pitching, but the Pohlads actually try to field a respectable roster and keep their stars at home.

BANNED

Country

You're ripping the Pohlads as bad owners? I wish the freaking Dolans did half of what the Polad's did. Notice you guys didn't dump Mauer or Morneau for prospects when their contracts were expiring and they got signed to huge deals? Granted the deals don't look so good now, but at least you haven't watched your team trade away consecutive Cy Young award winners.

Just trying to give you a little half glass full approach. I know the team is playing poorly and you guys have no pitching, but the Pohlads actually try to field a respectable roster and keep their stars at home.

For me, the on the field stuff isn't real the big deal. It's the fact thatthey do very little in the community, have very few signings and the ones they do have all cost rediculous amounts of money and are all in the north metro. For example on June 11th they are having a celebrity bartender thing and it "only" costs $150 and that's just to get a crappy bar stool seat, not an actual seat at a table, food, drinks, gas to get there, etc.
    Not to mention they have raised the prices at Twinsfest each of the last two seasons and now it's $35 for players like Morneau and Mauer. They used to be $15.

They have a team store in Apple Valley, which is like 5 minutes from my house, which gets no attention and would be great for signings, which they used to have there, but no longer do. Players for the Twins have never been good about signing before games. I had a streak there from 2005-2007 where I got about 1 auto per game. Then from 2007 till last night I got 0 at all the games, I went to. I only got two last night, which isn't any good, cause a usher made us go to our seats 25 minutes before the game started. And at the new stadium, the bullpen isn't accessible, as isn't the player parking lot. I swear they built that ball park as autograph proof as possible.

As for on the field, I can see both sides of the argument. Yes they paid their "star" and their hometown hero, but in the meantime gave up the ability to build a team around him. Besides the M&M boys and Willingham, it's basically a triple A team out there. Don't get me wrong Mauer was playing great when he got his deal, but I still believe that the main reason they brought him back was he is the local kid and he will sell tix when they are losing and when he is playing bad. They couldn't lose giving him a big contract. The winning isn't a big deal to me, I'm a die hard Vikings fan, I can handle the losing, but it's just the lack of fan appreciation I feel from the Twins which turned me off from them.

Gonna post a pic of the logo pic in a bit...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast