Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

anyone send in an item to get authenticated by PSA or JSA?

was considering sending in an item since theres no shows anywhere near me. so i was wondering if anyone else has done it and their experiences doing it. TIA

SCF Rewards
    Country

jsa is quick on their turnaround, psa takes forever 1 month+. Prices are about the same
    Hidden Content

I collect anything and everything Albert Pujols and am always looking to expand collection. Also looking for any signed baseball or jerseys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the reply

BANNED

Country

James spence is a joke. He authenticated too many fakes!

BANNED

Country

I have sent three things that were signed in front of me with a photo for each of me with the player and the player signing my item......he failed all 3!

SCF Rewards
    Country

guess its a wash then since PSA is the most pompous stuck up jerks ive ever had the pleasure of giving my money to. Their CSRs are complete pains and their "authenticators" are more unfriendly than athletes refusing to sign auto's for handicapped children. I would take less money selling a JSA item than having to ever send in an item to PSA ever again. Just my .02, wait nevermind have to save that for the $40 PSA charges for return shipping on a $10 package.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmmm. I must disagree. I sent my first ever item to PSA. They got it on 1/4... I got the item authenticated in my hands today.. So roughly a 20 business day turnaround. Due to their fees, especially shipping I would only get items that have great value authenticated.. All told my item was $180(fee,encapusaltion, shipping to and from).. But the items worth $1,200 to $1,500..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have had good experiences with both companies and they are the most respected authenticators in the business. If your item is a signed card or cut signature, then I would recommend PSA as I really like their excapsulation of these items. JSA tends to have a little faster turnaround time if you are in a hurry. If your item is more high end, then I would also recommend getting the full letter of authenticity.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the responses guys. i really appreciate the info. i guess my next question is it worth getting them authenticated if i dont plan on selling the item? like im a michigan and lions fan, got a helmet signed by desmond howard, then another one signed by megatron. does the value go up enough to make it worth it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See staduimjunkie's Items on eBay

where abouts are you from - jsa will be in cleveland area april for strongsville show -

both have their positives and negatives - i did all cards through JSA in person drop off and was very happy because they encapusulate through beckett - which to me has the best card cases -

if you are keeping them forever and you had them signed personally i wouldn't spend the money - if you plan on reselling , you bought the item , or want to pass it on right away - i would go with JSA