Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ttm shipping ?

BANNED

Country
    See phillyfan5064's Items on eBay

Ttm shipping ?

how do you send out baseball ttm, should i do it in a box or just a medium manialla envelope, does it have to be a bubble wrapper. do certain players not sign baseballs

also should i send a romlb or can it be a gued ball from bp or just any rawlings ball, does this matter

please give me your opinion
    thanks

i was wondering this b/c i thought if i sent it in an envelope it wouldnt fit through the processing thing they do, but boxes seems to dificult and i would think that the players assistants wouldnt go through the trouble

SCF Rewards
    Country

I used bubble mailers so the recipient doesnt have to tape up a box. It makes it easier on them thus making my chances for a return better.

I have had good luck sending baseballs through the mail to players. But I am also concious of thier response rate as well when sending since ROMLBs arent cheap. I only send ROMLBs but that is just my preference.

BTW there are many topics already about this that go into much greater detail and you will find very helpful. Search around the forum for them and I am sure all your questions will be answered already.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Exactly what he said. The easier it is for the player, the more likely your success is.

I always use a 11x13 manilla with a bubble mailer inside. If the success comes back with uncancelled stamps I reuse the bubblemailer by putting a strip of packing tape on it with a small strip of waxpaper (or the leftover backing page from shipping labels ). That way they just pull off the waxpaper and close the mailer.

Also sending with a box is more expensive. You need to include tape for them to seal the box, and the stamps. If the player puts the stamps on first, then covers them with the tape the USPS refuses it.

BANNED

Country

could i send a ROLB(not ROMLB) in just a manilla envelope not a bubble mailer with a sase and would the player send it back or do i really need it to be a bubble mailer

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would love to send balls out, but would be so irritated if I even lost one. So I just stick with cards I wouldn't mind losing..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Philly Fan 5064: You could use just a manilla envelope for mailing. I sent my last back out in manilla envelopes but used a bubble mailer for the return. I also place my ROMLBs in plastic bags to protect them from moisture some. As for the type of ball, it is up to you and how much you want to spend. The ROMLBs hold the sigs much better than anything.

I am very particular because the ones I send out are either for my HOF project or for my locals project. Even though some of the players from my locals project played only a few games and will never be worth much to anyone else they are very special to me.

ZombieTom: Never send anything you arent willing to lose. I have lost about 4 balls out of over 70 that I have sent TTM. Two of them I never expected to see again but it was a risk worth taking for me. One that never came back went to a wrong address. I was upset about that one but only upset at myself for not doing more research on the address.

BANNED

Country

how many stamps would i need

BANNED

Country

also do you have any extra buble mailers for trade or sale, would it be okay if i bought buble wrap but then what would i do to turn it into a bubble mailer, would i tape the bubble wrap inside the manilla envelope???

SCF Rewards
    Country

It has been awhile since I have sent any baseballs out but I think it was around $2.40 each way. You can buy the bubble mailers at any office supply store, walmart, target, rite aid, walgreens, ect...

BANNED

Country

but wont the package not fit in their machine that processes everything. i sent out something with a sharpie and it cam back saying it didnt fit through the machince?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast