Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jesses_stuff's Items on eBay
    Send PayPal to paypal.me/JessesstuffFS Member is PayPal Verified

This wasn't recent, but still a good find... Guy had a mint on card un-punched 1984 GI JOE storm shadow. I asked him how much and he said $1.00. I bought it thinking that it was more than $1 in 1984! I had no idea it was the first run with peach card, and the most valuable of the GI Joes. I sold it for $400!

Great thread BTW!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

yikes!! that is a great find. It's so weird that there are people that have no clue. I guess that since I've been buying and selling stuff for about 15 years it's hard for me to think that you wouldn't look something like that up. With ebay and all of the shows where people buy old toys I'd think fewer people would be out there selling stuff like this for $1. very nice pick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My pick of the weekend was an HP voltmeter. I picked it up at goodwill outlet. I have no clue what it does but it weights about 20 pounds. A guy picked it up and later dumped it in a bin after testing it. I grabbed it and looked it up. I paid $14 for it and sold it BIN for 119.99. + shipping in two days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My pick of the weekend was an HP voltmeter. I picked it up at goodwill outlet. I have no clue what it does but it weights about 20 pounds. A guy picked it up and later dumped it in a bin after testing it. I grabbed it and looked it up. I paid $14 for it and sold it BIN for 119.99. + shipping in two days.

Nice! Voltmeters are used for testing voltage. There are designated ones (perhaps your HP), then there are DMM or digital multi-meters that test voltage, current, resistance.

I was at a garage sale in NY visiting family, and there was a HP oscilloscope (tests frequency and can do AC/DC voltage - mainly used for circuit boards) on the ground. Had the manual with leather case, and probes. A kid asked his father "what's that thing dad?" and he said "oh, I don't know, some sort of testing equipment". I knew exactly what it was. It was marked $10, so I asked the guy if it works and he said "I don't know". I said, well ok since we can't test it I'll give you $5 for it. He took it. I went to my parents with it, plugged it and it worked great. Took it to the UPS store to have it packaged up, and sold it on ebay for $75.

I even look for this stuff when I'm on vacation 2500 miles from home!

I have a couple more stories that I will share. Garage sales are fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Great find I got a storm and snake eyes opened in a box for $2 earlier this month.Turned them over for $35 for the 2
    This wasn't recent, but still a good find... Guy had a mint on card un-punched 1984 GI JOE storm shadow. I asked him how much and he said $1.00. I bought it thinking that it was more than $1 in 1984! I had no idea it was the first run with peach card, and the most valuable of the GI Joes. I sold it for $400!

Great thread BTW!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

We went to a garage sale in a more affluent neighborhood and they had a MXR M-117 vintage flanger pedal for guitar. There wasn't a price on it. I asked her how much and she said I don't know what do you think? I said how about $5, and my wife stepped in and wanted a CD so I said, ok $5 and this CD and the lady said yup! I took it home and opened it to see the year on the pots and it was 1982. I tested and cleaned it and sold it for $150!

Found a BOSS GE-10 vintage equalizer on craigslist and paid $50 for it. I sold that for $185!

I found a TON of rack mounted studio equipment from the 90's at a swap meet in Los Angeles. It had like 7 patch bays, 3 AKAI MB76 units (digital mixer), 2 AKAI PEQ6 units (digital equalizers), 2 pre-amps, and some other gadgets. I paid $50 for all of it. Broken down, each unit cost me $3.33. So far, I've sold all 3 MB76's and 1 of the PEQ6's for a total of $497. I still have 1 PEQ6 (~$75) and everything else (patch bays are about $20 each, X 7), so I did well with that purchase.

Vintage audio stuff, especially early digital stuff sells well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I picked this up out of a bin at the goodwill outlet last week. just sold it for $35.51. I grabbed it initially because it looked cool and somewhat oldish.

SCF Rewards
    Country

and last night I went for about an hour and found a bunch of LEGOs. There was another guy pulling them too and got about 75% of them. There was an instruction booklet and most of them were from the same Harry Potter set. I ended up buying the rest from the other picker for $20 and am currently trying to build the set. It's missing some pieces, but will have to hit the lego store to get some pieces. The set sells for about $100 without the box if complete.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Vintage audio with heavy magnets and tubes sell like the dickens as well. I paid $1.00 for an old Marantz 1971 Heavy Tube Power Amp.

I sold it in 1998 for $275.00 Canadian, I wished I still had it, it's worth more than double that. At least with older stereo gear, it's all about finding the buyer. With the advent of the internet, buyers are easily found.

Always keep your eyes peeled at garage sales for old Fishing Lures, and Fish Hooks. Some of the 50's and 60's plugs with gang-hooks are upwards of $100.00 each, and people are selling boxes of them for $2.00.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Vintage audio with heavy magnets and tubes sell like the dickens as well. I paid $1.00 for an old Marantz 1971 Heavy Tube Power Amp.

I sold it in 1998 for $275.00 Canadian, I wished I still had it, it's worth more than double that. At least with older stereo gear, it's all about finding the buyer. With the advent of the internet, buyers are easily found.

Always keep your eyes peeled at garage sales for old Fishing Lures, and Fish Hooks. Some of the 50's and 60's plugs with gang-hooks are upwards of $100.00 each, and people are selling boxes of them for $2.00.

Yes, I agree about the audio stuff and the fishing stuff!

Also look for old magazines. Not necessarily for the magazine itself, but for the ads in them! We found a ton of 60's Outdoor Life magazines at an estate sale in Brentwood, CA and people pay good $ just for a 1 page vintage ad.

Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast