Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am with you on the cheap side.I would rather pick up a room of junk for $5 and sift thru it then pay top end for something. Plus as a hobby I enjoy hitting auctions,fleas and yard sales then sifting thru boxes of stuff to see what I can find. As I said I have hit a few indoor yard sales and have had some nice finds.
    I don't think it's because people see the listed prices. I think it's mainly when collectors are there. They aren't reselling so they will pay more. It's funny when they pay over ebay prices even with shipping but I guess not everyone is on ebay or comfortable buying. There's also something to be said about getting an item as soon as you buy it and not having to wait.

I'll also say that I am very cheap. I'm out so much that if I can't make a certain amount on something I don't mess with it unless I like it for some reason. I have plenty of chances to get nice flips it's easy for me to leave something behind.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Bam solid buy and sell pickup today:

Zelda Majora's Mask for 64 Collector's Edition complete in box - 25$
    Starfox 64 complete in box - 25$

Collecting video games now so wont be selling, but this is good for 180$ total on ebay :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pull
    Bam solid buy and sell pickup today:

Zelda Majora's Mask for 64 Collector's Edition complete in box - 25$
    Starfox 64 complete in box - 25$

Collecting video games now so wont be selling, but this is good for 180$ total on ebay :)

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

I always pick up a load of stuff all over town. Am I allowed to post here with sell prices to get rid of some things right away?

Brian
    Last edited by bangsportscards; 11-28-2014 at 07:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm ok with that. Just don't keep reposting. One post will be suffice. Show us the steals!

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

I'm ok with that. Just don't keep reposting. One post will be suffice. Show us the steals!

Yeah I plan to get around to it by the end of the year thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just came across a box of 80's GI Joe at one of my Salvation Armies. Got the box for $8 I see a great condition Lady Jae and Snake Eyes that right there should double me. Not going to let the cold weather slow me down.

SCF Rewards
    Country

haha you got that right!

I picked up a Nintendo Wii Mini (black and red limited edition) complete in box with nothing missing, plus 5 games for 70$ (system varies in price on ebay from 100-150$ alone, value of the games are 60-70$)

Anddddd, Picked up last night, Nintendo 3DS Midnight Purple (limited edition) (200$+ for system alone) plus 5 games that include two Zeldas (20-25$ each) Super Smash Bros (20-25$) and forget the last 2. Paid 120$ for the lot.

Not a bad week :). Total spent 190$, Total value - 350$+

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hey guys. I just dropped by to share something. If you're in a thrift store go through the books. A good coffee table book can go for $30 after costing you $5 and being seemingly not special.

I've stumbled on something though in the thrift shop. A couple things actually. First is autographs. No one signs the cover, so they can easily go unnoticed. I've fairly recently picked up a record signed by two conductors and a soloist...on the back, as well as a coffee table book of Robert Bateman art signed by Bateman on the title page.

Which brings me to my next stumble. First Editions. Very few people know how (or care to) figure out how to identify first editions. It's easy, really. Simply score all the copywrite info at the front of the book and the latest year you find is the year it was printed. Look up when the first edition came out and you're golden. In store look for multiple dates. That usually means a later edition. However this is not foolproof, as anything referenced will be in the copyright info and will, of course be an earlier date. If you have your smartphone, you're laughing.

From the same thrift store I got those autographs (4 signatures for $4.98) I've grabbed a 1970 first edition coffee table book on The Group of Seven artists (cost $4.99 value $40-$100) and a 1918 first edition JM Barrie play (cost $1.99 value $15-$25). Oh, and that signed Bateman book ($3.99) is a 1990 first edition.

To give you an idea, the Group of Seven first edition seems to go for around $40 on a bad day in so-so condition, and can go over $100 on a good day mint. By comparison, the third edition (1973 I think) is $15-$30 mint on any day.

So remember check the books, look for old stuff (hardcovers didn't have sleeves until somewhere in the 20s-40s from what I can tell), and condition + age is the formula. Look for first editions and look for signatures.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah first editions are always a great find for sure!! great tips Wickabee!!

Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast