Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

found a rather interesting place to pick over the weekend.

Goodwill outlets. We have three around indy. It's pretty crazy. They have a large warehouse that hold these large bins on wheels. About the size of a dining room table. Every two hours they pull all of the bins and bring out new ones. They do this every day of the week. It's all stuff that didn't sell at the regular Goodwill stores within 6 weeks of being placed. It can get pretty crazy as there are people rummaging through the bins once they set them in place. I didn't see any arguments or anything but people can get aggressive. It's completely hit or miss. I went over the weekend a few times and picked up some decent stuff. Old fisher price toys, a sega genesis, an old fishing tackle box and other odds and ends. They sell the stuff by the pound and at the one I was at the main stuff went for 59˘ per pound and glass was 29˘ I think.

I also saw a lot of decent stuff that other people had in their carts. It just depends where you pick to start and what's in the bin. Take gloves. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I have 3 goodwill and 2 salvation army stores I hit about once a week.You would be AMAZED what people give to them to be resold.Everyone knows the Earl Weaver gane authentic jersey story and that always keeps me looking.You will never know what you can find

found a rather interesting place to pick over the weekend.

Goodwill outlets. We have three around indy. It's pretty crazy. They have a large warehouse that hold these large bins on wheels. About the size of a dining room table. Every two hours they pull all of the bins and bring out new ones. They do this every day of the week. It's all stuff that didn't sell at the regular Goodwill stores within 6 weeks of being placed. It can get pretty crazy as there are people rummaging through the bins once they set them in place. I didn't see any arguments or anything but people can get aggressive. It's completely hit or miss. I went over the weekend a few times and picked up some decent stuff. Old fisher price toys, a sega genesis, an old fishing tackle box and other odds and ends. They sell the stuff by the pound and at the one I was at the main stuff went for 59˘ per pound and glass was 29˘ I think.

I also saw a lot of decent stuff that other people had in their carts. It just depends where you pick to start and what's in the bin. Take gloves. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

you should check out a goodwill outlet if you have one around you. it's an interesting experience even if you fail to find anything.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I sold the smallest tufting picture for $60. Getting offers of $200-$350 on the largest. Size seems to be a major determining factors in the value of these.

The medium one sold, still have the big one. It seems only a handful of people are into them, but if it's bigger that 10x10 and it's less than $50, grab it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The medium one sold, still have the big one. It seems only a handful of people are into them, but if it's bigger that 10x10 and it's less than $50, grab it.

did you post pictures of these? Not exactly sure what they are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Yeah def post a picture I'd love to see

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I had 3 of these, the two smaller ones sold for $60 and $75 (size matters, like I said). This is the biggest of the three:

Here's a second picture to show the texture. You'll notice it's a shadowbox setup:

It's an old Native art form practiced byt tribes in Northern Canada and the prairies. They take a bunch of moosehair, tie it through whatever they were decorating (usually clothing) leaving the longer ends on the outside and then sculpt the tuft with scissors. It's an all but dead art form that's starting to make a comeback. There aren't many collectors, but some of them have deeeeeeeeeeeep pockets when they see what they want (according to research, anyway) so you just have to find the right buyer. This one is on eBay at $450obo and it's getting decent traffic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

interesting. I doubt I'll run across any of this medium in my area, but always good to learn about a new item to watch out for.

What did you pay for these?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

interesting. I doubt I'll run across any of this medium in my area, but always good to learn about a new item to watch out for.

What did you pay for these?

I inherited them. Actually, my mother in law did, but she hates them, so gave them to me to do with what I please. This is one of those things that, if you come across one, it's probably gone on a bit of a journey. The thing about these is 95% of people don't know what they are and just think they're nice. That other 5% value these pretty highly as there aren't a ton out there, and very few are picking up the art form. Basically, you're right, you'll probably never come across one of these. If you do, however, don't just pass it by as something "nice".

SCF Rewards
    Country

I go visit my brother in Alaska a lot. I'll have to look for this art form popping up out there when I go to galleries and such.

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast