Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I take it you guys don't do auctions?? I always make out nice with cheap box lots over the winter haul.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I take it you guys don't do auctions?? I always make out nice with cheap box lots over the winter haul.

Not much here, and there's too much money with nothing to do here to really compete.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We have tons of auctions in PA. I have 6 good ones all withing 30 minutes from my home. ALways can come away with a cheap box of something and turn into a profit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I hit auctions but I prefer them last for the most part. I like auctions that aren't all that organized, but it's tough to sit at one place for hours waiting to get to the stuff you want. Then even when they do come up you have a collector that might pay over ebay prices so they can have it in hand right there, which I totally get. I just prefer to deal with people who just want stuff gone.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I can think of 3 here offhand. 1 does nothing bit classic autos, and other does probably 75-85% junk cars and the third is just general crap. I've been to that one before but the prices stuff was going for was insane, I'm pretty sure due to the Storage Wars effect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Storage Wars ruined my honey holes. I was buying storage units when I was in high school when a buddy turned me on to it. You could get a full 9x9 for $50 and find tons of stuff. That show and its copiers ruined that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A lot of people ruin a lot of things, usually for money or politics. The funny thing is once they do, they're left with little but a staged piece of crap, like that show. People with hidden agendas end up in charge of things, and it all goes to hell. The show was great when it started. Now it's just staged and scripted garbage.

That's happening to a lot of places lately, but the powers that be get what they want, and the bottom feeding public are the ones who eat it up and make their decisions for them. It sucks, but everything good will go to crap because of money and/or politics.

Anyway, managed to pick up a lot of mini clocks for $9 today. 2 of them I'm not sure about, but the third is a Bulova mini grandfather. That alone should net me $60.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Just researched a painting I bought yesterday too. Paid $10 and it's looking like I have a $500-$600 painting on my hands.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The good thing is the auctions houses by me have some decent chairs and one is a warehouse so you bring your own. I love sitting in my beach recliner at an auction. Plus most have a decent snack bar so.
    Did catch an out of the way yard sale on the way home from work.Picked up a shoe box of mixed cards and come to find a few 86/87 Fleer basketball (no no Jordan I wish) for $5. 2 olajuwouns,2 derxlers,2 ewings,3 magic johnson,3 larry birds.I could sell a 1/4 book and still make out nice find the cards are in sweet shape.
    I hit auctions but I prefer them last for the most part. I like auctions that aren't all that organized, but it's tough to sit at one place for hours waiting to get to the stuff you want. Then even when they do come up you have a collector that might pay over ebay prices so they can have it in hand right there, which I totally get. I just prefer to deal with people who just want stuff gone.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The good thing is the auctions houses by me have some decent chairs and one is a warehouse so you bring your own. I love sitting in my beach recliner at an auction. Plus most have a decent snack bar so.

You can do that at home you know. You don't have to go out to sit in a chair and eat.

Nice find, though.

Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast