Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cardsone.com?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

cardsone.com?

bought a little junk pack from the dollar tree today and it was from cards one. (mix of 90's junk) but i like buying those everyonce in a while for fun.

pulled a 1992 topps jeromy burnitz rc,and 1984 topps andre dawson allstar card! woot.

anyways i looked online on their store and some of there complete set pirces and cases are descent priced. has anyone ever purchased from them?

are they ok?

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Oh are those the ones in like regular packs then inside like a cardboard case with either baseball or basketball or football on it. I saw some of those the other day. No hockey so I didn't bother. I'd rather get name brand stuff if I'm getting anything old. Not sure if those random packs can be trusted? wonder if anything is faked?

I see they do sell hockey on the website, so I'd wonder if maybe any other Dollar Trees might have hockey. Seems to be very unpopular, and thats odd for the NE USA.
    Last edited by roaddogg02316; 02-17-2012 at 09:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Oh are those the ones in like regular packs then inside like a cardboard case with either baseball or basketball or football on it. I saw some of those the other day. No hockey so I didn't bother. I'd rather get name brand stuff if I'm getting anything old. Not sure if those random packs can be trusted? wonder if anything is faked?

I see they do sell hockey on the website, so I'd wonder if maybe any other Dollar Trees might have hockey. Seems to be very unpopular, and thats odd for the NE USA.

the pack i got was just a little baggy with 30 random 80s-90s cards.

only had baseball at my DT.

their site had complete sets/cases of old 90's and 80's stuff that was faily cheap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

went and got a pack of them today, then went back and got 4 more packs. About 30 cards in the pack and a very wide variety, from 1980 Topps to 2007 Fleer, all brands. Got about 20 2002 Topps cards total, sweet. It's not all from the overproduction era. You'll never complete a set buying them this way but for a buck and a some fun, pretty good deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as trusting them and are they OK I'd say yeah probably. They are not dealing with high end stuff. They saw a niche for all those people dumping low end base and cheap overproduced cases and they are trying to take advantage of it. You may find a nice card or two if you buy the pack lots as I doubt they would take the time to search them (although they may have been searched before they got them) I suppose its a fun way to get a bit of excitement for a cheap price if you consider getting a 2002 Brett Favre Topps base exciting. I bought a few packs a while back and got exactly what I expected to get for a buck. Pretty much like gps said

On a side note anyone have any idea how many cards it would take to make up 50 pounds if we are talking base.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

id imagine thats quite a bit couple thousand atleast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

id imagine thats quite a bit couple thousand atleast

Yeah I'd almost wonder if a monster box(one with 5 rows, weighs as much as 50 lbs?) That's like 5,000 cards. But it might be less, not sure. Never weighed one that was full.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I recently splurged and got a 10 pound box and a 100 count box of 1970-1979 cards. It's featured on their website at www.cardsone.com

First the bad. The 1970-1979 lot contained ZERO topps Cards from 1970-1976. Came in a 100 card count plastic case. It contained the following

1977 Topps - 3
    1978 Topps -19
    1979 Topps - 23 (many off centered to boot)
    1976 TCMA - 54 (I never heard of TCMA before getting this)

Grade F - DO NOT BUY THIS 1970-1979 DEAL, $9.99 PLUS SHIPPING. AVOID AVOID, NO EXCUSE FOR NOT HAVING A SINGLE CARD before 1977 from Topps when advertising this.
    -----------------

The ten pound lot. Approx 3,000 cards, and nearly all of it from the overproduction error. Cost $39 + $10 shipping. And although I wasn't expecting any hits, any card of any value over a common was removed from the set. About 400 of the lot were doubles. Came in typical 3,200 count cardboard box. A wide variety of cards from 1986-1993, again expected.

Grade - D , just not worth it for the price, you'll never complete a set, especially with the lack of any stars. Makes me really miss my local shop (out of business) that used to sell bricks for $5.

The one plus side is shipping was rather quick, 4 days from order to delivery. Came well packed inside a box that contained the plastic container and the 3200 count box. They seem to have some complete sets really cheap but after this purchase, i think I'll just stick to amazon or Dean's cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

well thats sucks u got jipped :/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I checked out their website. Their comic book selection looks pretty good. I'm not sure about buying the 5000 count box of cards unless you are a set builder or plan on doing a whole lot of ttm. I would imagine most of the stuff that they would have would be the same things sitting around collecting dust in my common box. Mabey if I split the cost up with other people I would consider.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast