Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Help need a suggestion

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Help need a suggestion

Over the last month I have had to do a complete restore on my laptop. a few things need fixing but slowly I am getting there. However, I had something go really wrong last night. I installed the Scanner Canon CanoScan Lide70...but the CD will not run to install the software I need for this

So I need scanner software ---free

Any suggestions
    I mostly just scan cards
    not much else
    Last edited by MadMan1978; 04-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

Go to the website for Canon and see if you can install the drivers/software like that. I've had my computer restored several times and I misplaced our scanner installation disk. Most manufacturers have drivers/software available for download on their website. See if that works.

Here you go: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

Go there, input your operating system and the version and you should be able to download all necessary software.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

yeah it doesnt have the software that u use to scan in photos and such...Already been there

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I found the toolbar last night but NOT the scanning and editing software

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am pretty sure that if you call their customer service number they can help you. Or you might have to buy a new scanner. They are pretty cheap right now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

EDIT: What operating system are you using? I may have found the software.

DOUBLE EDIT: Did the scanner software install and you just need the image editing software or did the scanner not install?

TRIPLE EDIT!!! LOL

Go to this website. It is the European Canon website. You need to download and install 4 components (make sure you choose the right one for your operating system).

You need:
    LiDE 70 Scanner Driver (makes the scanner work)
    ScanGear CS (allows your PC and scanner to communicate)
    Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer (allows the colors from your scanner to properly print)
    CanoScan Toolbox (the software that allows you to use your scanner)

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/...ownload&page=1
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-04-2012 at 12:21 PM.