Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-30-2015, 12:28 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Card Cash
- Blog Entries
- 16 View my Inventory New
View my store Beta
Validation tutorial for the card image upload contest
Members wishing to earn 2 Card Cash per image uploaded to their inventory that we do not have into our master card image database and having their image accepted to the SCF official card database as the stock image, must meet specific requirements. Images uploaded NOT meeting any one of these standards will get rejected. The image will still show up in your inventory, but you will not earn Card Cash for the upload and that same card will let any other member upload the image again once rejected. Here is a list of standards:
1. Images must not be too small - Mainly the floor limit is as follow: multiply the height by the width and if the total = 90,000 or more, you are meeting the minimum size. So 360 pixels X 270 pixels = 97,200 and is well over 90,000 so that is passing. But 320 pixels X 240 pixels = 76,800 and will fail . Here is an acceptible image that is 537 pixels in height. The only exception to this rule is for mini-cards, coins and other items that are small in nature.
Here is an example of a card that is too small:
2. Image must be cropped - We should not see too much background. Shoot for at least 95% of the image being the card. Here is an example of a card that should be cropped more but the die section would not be a issue but on each border we see it was badly crop or not crop at all:
3. No graded cards - Please crop any graded cards! The only cards accepted in plastic casings are those produced and distributed in casings like uncirculated cards, ITG slabbed cards, etc. If they are shipped from the manufacture in a casing, it is good for our database.
4. Low resolution images - We can't accept faded or low resolution images. This is also why we have a minimum size.
5. Over-cropped images - If some of the card is cut off we can't use it! For example this as low resolution reflection and part we have a shadow so all reasons to reject it:
6. Multiple cards - We can't accept images that show multiple cards. Please only upload the specific image of the card. At time we see four card in one image, these will get rejected
7. Images should be uploaded in the proper vertical or horizontal view - If it is a horizontal viewed card, please do not upload it vertically. Also, cards must be as straight as possible (no tilt to the card). This one is a bit tilted but should pass as we do not ask for perfection.
8. Images should be free of company watermarks - (i.e. eBay, COMC, etc)
9. No pre-redemption cards - Mainly the card having a redemption code on them will be rejected.
10. Image should be flat and from the overhead view position - Here is a photo of a card NOT directly overhead and we also see outside of the card:
11. Images must not have a blurry spot - no blurrs from a flash or the sun. For example:
12. Image must be the front (or front and back) of the card - Just putting the back alone will be rejected.
13. It must be original with no IP (in person) autographs or TTM trough the mail autographs. For example this TTM would be rejected:
14. No price tag or sticker on the image. Often we may have a sticker on top of a top loader, please remove the card from the top loader if you do not want it to be rejected.
This is an example of a card that meets all the requirements and is the most desirable: