Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

PETA killed more than 95 percent of adoptable dogs and cats in its care last year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...care-year.html

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals killed more than 95 per cent of animals in its care last year at a Virginia shelter, a shocking new report states.

The report, released by non-profit consumer group, claims that PETA - which is known for its outspoken stance on animal rights - were responsible for the deaths of nearly 2,000 adoptable animals last year alone.

The records also show that the animal-rights organization has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia since 1998.

Only 3,159 animals, mostly dogs and cats, were adopted in that time.

Records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture obtained through public records by the Centre for Consumer Freedom show figures that are quite contrary to PETA’s mission.

Records from 2011 alone state that of the 1,992 cats and dogs received, 34 were transferred, and 24 were adopted.

The remaining 1,911 were put down, the report states.

‘PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation,’ CCF executive director Rick Berman said. ‘It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.’

More than 4 million animals are killed annually at shelters across the nation, citing unsustainable cost of caring for unwanted creatures and space limitations.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

‘It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.’

this has been obvious for years

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

‘It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.’

this has been obvious for years

I sadly agree.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The center for consumer freedom is an anti-peta anti animal propaganda machine. I can only take what they say with a grain of salt.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The center for consumer freedom is an anti-peta anti animal propaganda machine. I can only take what they say with a grain of salt.

I guess it is easy to discredit something you don't want to believe by attacking the source, but for this to be a big conspiracy to get PETA it would also have to involve the Virginia Dept. of Agriculture. Do you believe that the VA DoA has been falsifying records on PETA for the last 14 years?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I guess it is easy to discredit something you don't want to believe by attacking the source, but for this to be a big conspiracy to get PETA it would also have to involve the Virginia Dept. of Agriculture. Do you believe that the VA DoA has been falsifying records on PETA for the last 14 years?

I have heard similiar rumors from peta but they usually come from anti animal rights groups. I'm not really sure if what they say about the VA dept of agriculture is true.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is really sad but at the same time good. Finally PETA is showing it's true colors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

In their own words...

PETA told the Post that it does euthanize animals, but only because of “injury, illness, age, aggression, and other problems, because their guardians requested it, or because no good homes exist for them.” PETA has posted a number of blogs about this issue over the years.

So, if the animal is sick, old, aggressive, the owner requests it or they can't find a home for it they euthanize it. If it is young, healthy, friendly and wanted then they don't euthanize it. Is that supposed to be a joke??

Here is the link to the VA Dept of Ag website where they record intake and euthanization of the animals. http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi...=157&year=2010

Pretty disturbing numbers. Of the 3731 animals that were not adopted out they euthanized 3630.

I am not crucifying PETA for doing this. It has to be done. We can not keep every animal on the planet alive. I just think it is quite a double standard that they sit in their ivory tower and criticize others while they are euthanizing over 97% of the animals that they can not adopt out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See static_cobain's Items on eBay

Not shocked at all. I had heard something similar last year.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

What right do we have as vain arrogant and ignorant animals to kill off others because we feel the need. Its like idiots who move into places inhabited by bears/coyotes or other wild dangerous creature then complain because they killed a pet or is stalking them in their backyard. Its their space not ours if it kills your pet or kid your to blame not them type thing.

And yeah PETA is a horrible organization

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast