Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (16)
    Country
    See drew4prez9's Items on eBay

Sellers on ebay please help if you would like protection

Sorry to do this on our trade forum but didnt really know where to post this so most of you guys can see it. I recently sold a Sony Playstation 3 with games on ebay. A quick format was done on the system reseting it to factory settings with a clean hard drive. I then proceeded to test every game to ensure fuctionallity and also a movie (even though one was no included in the auction) to test movie playback option. All worked perefect. I then proceeded to list my item on ebay. I dont offer returns on electronics because with the economy the way it is people will use something for two weeks and say they want a return. Cards are cards and can resold if in the condition is the same. Electronics are a little bit more sensitive an issue and much more fragile with the shipping back and forth. Well the system sold and Item was shipped insured UPS. When the buyer recieved the item he said the online play feature didnt work. I told him all he had to do is update his firmware/software and he would be fully patched and it will work like a charm, I also asked if there was any issue with game and movie playback and there wasnt. Well a week later buyer says he can't figure it out and wants a refund. Now My auctions says no returns but buyers know thats bull because they can start a case and ebay will automatically it seems side with the buyer (ruled on my case in less then a 3 hours). Now I ask you is it fair that I send a fully functional PS3 that just need the free system update..the same one he would have to do if he bought a brand new PS3 from best buy that I have to issue a return even though my auctions says no returns. If you didnt like the return policy you shouldnt have bid even worse it was a buy it now auction so there was no time limit or bidding war. The buyer had time to make a careful decision. I know you guys have gone through similar I'm sure. I'm starting a petition against ebay for better seller protection that I'm going to submit to the Better Business Bureau and my Navy legal department. I think this must change. Its laid out there for buyers cut and dry. I accept returns or You dont accept returns and sellers should not be forced to change that stance just because they pay to use ebay. I can see if it was free but we all know selling on ebay is free by no means! Thank you for your time!

I will also be taking this petition to malls and on base and reach out to my fellow service members who use ebay to get as may sigs possible.
    Last edited by sprinter28; 03-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.