Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Vegetarian/Vegan discussion

Where are all my vegetarians/vegans? I know that there are a few on here. This will be the veggie discussion board. Or if you have any questions about vegetarianism or looking for any recipies please post them here. Thanks.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I've often wondered how and why people come to it. Is it more of a protest against a awful system and a generally unhealthy relationship that Americans have with meat? Or is it something else?

Should be an interesting topic!

SCF Rewards
    Country

As for me personally it was a combination of both. I wanted to eat healthier and I don't believe that it is neccessary to harm animals for food.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I've often wondered how and why people come to it. Is it more of a protest against a awful system and a generally unhealthy relationship that Americans have with meat? Or is it something else?

Should be an interesting topic!

i've been asked this a million times, don't really have an easy answer (and i don't like sounding preachy with long winded answers). lots of small things that just kind of...made sense to me, i won't bore you with all of them. mostly, i guess it's cause i feel like it's not up to me to decide what has the right to live or not.

the thing that kind of put me over the edge to stop eating meat is semi sports related, funny enough. at citizens bank park here in philly they sell a sandwich called the schmitter (named after schmidt beer, not the player), i think it's roast beef, salami, cheese and tomato or something. i had one when the park first opened and thought it was terrible. a few years later i was at a game and the schmitter stand was the only one without a line (go figure) so i gave it another try. it was just as bad as i remembered and i felt like an animal getting slaughtered and ending up in this lame sandwich was like insult to injury ;)
    decided i was going to make an effort to eat less meat after that. once i started looking, i realized how many meatless options there were at restaurants and grocery stores. less meat slowly became no meat and eventually i kind of lost my appetite for it. i still think it looks and smells good, just don't want to eat it...if that makes sense.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

I am a vegan for the simple reason its healthy and personally I like that I am hot harming animals but I have no issues with others who eat meat (like my wife) though I often wonder why people eat eggs and call themselves vegetarians.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am a vegan for the simple reason its healthy and personally I like that I am hot harming animals but I have no issues with others who eat meat (like my wife) though I often wonder why people eat eggs and call themselves vegetarians.....

Or even worse the old line "I only eat fish so that makes me a vegetarian". If I had a dollar for every time I hear that idiotic statement I would be able to buy every card that I ever dreamed about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am not a vegan (I love meat) but I am also training on ultra running and endurance and most fo the athletes that participate on this kind of sports are vegan. They said they started as a mean of eating healthier for their races and losing weight/stamina.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hah, my family is pretty hysterical with the fish stuff and what is/isn't meat. i usually tell them i give all animals an equal chance, even the wet slimy ones.

i hear a lot of these from my family:
    "you're allowed to eat fish, it's not meat"
    "even if you don't eat fish you can eat clams"
    "chicken broth isn't meat"
    "here, we made you a veggie dish, pasta with meat sauce...meat sauce isn't meat"
    if it's not a bleeding steak, it's apparently not meat.

re. eggs, i won't order a plate of scrambled eggs but i will eat bread or something made with them. honestly, i'm probably too lazy to be vegan, kind of a lot of work and so many less places i could go to eat.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hah, my family is pretty hysterical with the fish stuff and what is/isn't meat. i usually tell them i give all animals an equal chance, even the wet slimy ones.

i hear a lot of these from my family:
    "you're allowed to eat fish, it's not meat"
    "even if you don't eat fish you can eat clams"
    "chicken broth isn't meat"
    "here, we made you a veggie dish, pasta with meat sauce...meat sauce isn't meat"
    if it's not a bleeding steak, it's apparently not meat.

re. eggs, i won't order a plate of scrambled eggs but i will eat bread or something made with them. honestly, i'm probably too lazy to be vegan, kind of a lot of work and so many less places i could go to eat.

Yeah I'm the same way. No scrambled eggs or milk out of the carton for me either but I do have a weakness for donuts which contain milk or morning star grillers prime veggie burgers which contain eggs. I'm working on it though.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

the worst thing is I am a vegan that doeasnt eat sugar so when it comes to things like chocolate and most deserts I am out of luck ..... What I would do for a vanilla cupcake

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast