Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gilas_pilipinas's Items on eBay

Now i know why USPS is loosing money ....

its because they are cheating customers ... its been a while since ive stepped onto one USPS branch to physically mail stuffs.
    For unknown reasons paypal wont allow me last night to ship one package so i was forced to drop by and mail it physically.
    then when i was on the counter i handed the lady some of my pre printed package made out of paypal shipping.
    I do have a scale at home and it is as always acurate as i never had returned mails. The lady on the counter placed my
    pre printed mails on her scale and rejected them saying they were over 2 oz. I dont believe that since i packaged
    my stuff just last night and all weighed 1.75.

So now i have the assumption that USPS scales pad up a few ounces on packages. Since a lot of people are turning up with
    paypal shipping they are loosing customers going to their stores eventually loosing out some $$$. Some would say
    its just a few cents and get over with it . just imagine 5 cents-15 cents padded for 1000 customers thats $50-$150
    revenue for a company.

just ranting here ... i know some here works for PO but if what i saw today is true then thats bad for USPS to cheat
    on its customers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i wouldn't doubt it. i mailed a few things last week and needed to mail one bill because i ran out of stamps. Somehow when the guy weighed it, he charged me .20 over what a stamp costs.

not to mention i can't mail anything to canada anymore for less than $3. not sure if that is standard after the last increase though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

I bet their scales get more wear and tear then a personal scale does at your home. So they could be wrong.
    I have only had stuff sent back because the postmark. I printed it one day and didn't ship til a few days later. But I got that straightened out hopefully.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

If the USPS is losing soooooo much money, then why every time I go in the PO, there are 3-5 people in front of me??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

If the USPS is losing soooooo much money, then why every time I go in the PO, there are 3-5 people in front of me??

There shouldn't be that many. I've gone in there and there will be many people ahead of me. I've walked out on occasion. One person working while others just sitting there at a desk doing nothing, probably supervisors. If it's that busy open the other counter.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gilas_pilipinas's Items on eBay

they are projecting 20-50 people at a time for them to be considered making money. Since you only see 3-5 people you can do the math

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is going to pertain to letters.If you mail ANY letter that doesn't meet a specific standard.You will be charged .20 cents regardless if it is light enough for a .45 cent stamp.Also if you don't want to get charged .20 cents extra,stay clear of square envelopes.Personally I believe all standard size letters,whether they are square, circular or triangular should be .45 cents.Postal service claims they can't be automated and jam the machines(yawns).Being I am a postal carrier,I do agree many things are wrong with the service,but I don't believe their scales are rigged higher to rip off the public.If that were the case,it would be all over the news.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know a whole lot about the prices of overseas products being I'm only a carrier and only handle mail or parcels to residential areas on my route.However,If you have a question about anything like someone else did in here.I will gladly ask my supervisers or Post Master and get back to you.
    If you need any assistance on prices of any kind...go to USPS.gov hope that helps.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

The usps is losing money because you pay 45 cents for a stamp you get a receipt a foot long, now multiply that by the untold millions they print daily and your looking at tens of millions of waste

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Where was the package going that paypal wouldnt let you ship? It tells me the post office is unavailable through paypal atleast once a week. I just logon and try again later.
    If you think their scale is off, give them a nickel and ask what it weighs. Its 5 grams. I try to avoid the PO if possiable but have to go in on those international packages with custom forms.
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast