Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

Poppin open new wax. Giddy - Contest Entry

"Mailman's here" my sister yelled down the stairs. Thump, thump, thump up the stairs I hop two stairs at a time and the last leap is three. “Is it here?!?" I yelled. The mailman dropped off nothing. ****! When will it come? Does this world of insane shipping costs really going to make me wait to bust open my two blasters ordered nearly a week ago! Racing over to the computer I try to check where my two blasters are and they’re in the FedEx holding site waiting to be shipped! Meanwhile the package that came was our new computer that my sister was screaming must be turned on so she can check her Facebook. All awhile I’m pissed and trying to call up the FedEx that’s holding my blasters. They tell me “If your id number is right you will be receiving it soon.” HOW SOON IS THAT?
    I honestly don’t want to wait anymore and decide that I need to get my mind off opening up new packages of cards. I decide it’s time for EBay, a collector’s best and worst friend. Deals may be found on EBay, but when you need to start/complete a series, it’s your best friend. Being it that I’ve got too much time on my hands and don’t have work for 2 days it can end dangerously if binging on EBay auctions. Overpricing and spending more than you want always happens to me. I become fantasized with beating out the competition to bid. Now there’s not much I can do, but try to slow the wrecking ball course I’m on. Once it starts, the only way to stop is to slow it down and let it take its course. After the perfect storm has crushed my budget it’s nearly the next day. I can start to feel guilty and holy **** I just spent my paycheck. The “Giddy” feeling now starts to wear off and the lowlife begins.
    Now comes denial. There’s no way shipping is that much, did I even bid for that item, why did I purchase a boatload of commons that are thrown into a box? “There’s no way people can spend that amount of money on that amount of cards” I repeat over and over in my head. Now I’m going to have more than I already have, and don’t need, and only a few cards that I really needed. How do I get out of my debt…? There’s no way to chalk it up as pure “emphatic spending” that can’t be seen as nothing but massing commons.
    Massive amounts of commons have now all been bought because of anxiety of not getting my new 09-10 Certified Basketball Blasters. Why does this happen? Who knows...? The next day waking up I feel almost a hangover feeling in my body, almost a feeling of hurt and shame. God this just feels worse than a hangover because now I’ve got to sort through 5000 commons and try to find someone to take them. Card Binging < Hangover. Simply put, don’t be a Binge card shopper when you’re weak because you’ll always go back to it, just like the Hangovers.
    Hearing a door shut I speed to the door window to find that my blasters are in that truck! I bust my tail over before the FedEx mailman can even step into my driveway and I snatch the box out of his hands. “Sir! You’ve got to sign for this!” I hear in the background and I fly over to him to sign for the package. I destroy the box by ripping at the sides, because who needs a pair of scissors? Inside: Two 09-10 Certified Blasters! I rip open all the packs and listen the new packs being broken up. It’s music to my ears and when I find a Jersey Card of Jeff Teague and James Harden my heart skips. Gold team of Kobe 1 numbered 050/500. Now I’ve got my two blasters opened and on the way several thousands of commons coming to my door.
    How does the thrill of opening up cards get so high, yet so low? It’s an addiction. Once you start you’ve got to finish and now I’m looking to buy a Hobby Box for 09-10 Certified!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Please remove any expletive. I cannot publish an article which includes curse words or symbols who are obviously curse words.