Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Max Carey auto / Edd Roush auto Dual
    Max Carey was born as Maximillian George Carnarius in Terre Haute, Indiana.[1] He first adopted the name Max Carey when he played his first professional baseball game in order to retain his amateur status at Concordia College; the name would stick with him for his entire career.
    Carey played for the Pirates from his arrival in the league in 1910 until 1926, winning a World Series championship in 1925. He was known as a skilled fielder and excellent base stealer. He regularly stole 40 or more bases and maintained a favorable steal percentage; in 1922 he stole 51 bases and was caught only twice. He also stole home 33 times in his career, second best only to Ty Cobb's 50 on the all-time list
    Carey played his final three and a half years with the Brooklyn Robins, but was aging and no longer the same player. He retired in 1929, but went on to manage the Dodgers from 1932 to 1933, as well as the Milwaukee Chicks and the Fort Wayne Daisies of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.
    He died at age 86 in Miami, Florida, and is buried in Woodlawn Park Cemetery and Mausoleum (now Caballero Rivero Woodlawn North Park Cemetery and Mausoleum).

Edd Roush Played in the 1919 WS
    Edd J. Roush (May 8, 1893 - March 21, 1988) was a Major League Baseball player who was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962. He played the majority of his career in center field.
    Roush made his major league debut on August 20, 1913 for the Chicago White Sox. He switched to the fledgling Federal League in 1914 and spent two seasons with the Indianapolis Hoosiers, who became the Newark Pepper in 1915. In 1916, he split the season between the New York Giants and the Cincinnati Reds.
    With the Reds from 1917 to 1926, the left-handed hitting Roush never batted below .321, and was an instrumental part of the team's World Series championship in 1919. He won the National League batting title in 1917 and 1919. His best career year in batting average was 1921, when he batted .352. He also led the leagues in Slugging average (.455) in 1918, in Doubles (41) in 1923, and in Triples (21) in 1924. He was renowned as having the best arm of any outfielder in his era. He held out most of the 1922 season over a salary dispute[1] that continued into spring 1923.[2]
    Roush played for the New York Giants again from 1927 until 1929 and rejoined the Cincinnati Reds for a single season in 1931 before retiring. He sat out the 1930 season over a salary dispute.[1]
    Roush finished his 18-year career with a .323 lifetime average, 268 stolen bases and 182 triples. He never struck out more than 25 times in a season and had 30 inside-the-park home runs.
    Roush, who used a massive 48-ounce Louisville Slugger (the heaviest bat used in baseball), claims that he never broke a bat in his big league career.
    In addition to Roush's selection into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962 (chosen with Bill McKechnie), he is also a member of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame, being inducted in 1960. Considered the greatest player in Reds' history at the time, he was invited to throw out the first ball at the last game at Crosley Field on June 24, 1970. Joe Morgan called Roush "the best of us all".
    He died at the age of 94, still insisting that even if the White Sox had played the 1919 World Series on the level, the Reds would have won.
    At the time of his death on March 21, 1988 in Bradenton, Florida, Edd Roush was the last surviving Federal League participant.
    In 1981, Lawrence Ritter and Donald Honig included him in their book The 100 Greatest Baseball Players of All Time.

I can add more scans in the future. I make it a minimum of 10 scans at a time they will be trades, purchases, and boxbreak hits. All are in my PC

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice. I collect game-used in all sports, mainly HOF'ers and future HOF'ers. For current HOF'ers I try to collect cards from 2000-2007. If I didn't have some parameter set I'd be chasing every card that comes out. Thanks for sharing...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice. I collect game-used in all sports, mainly HOF'ers and future HOF'ers. For current HOF'ers I try to collect cards from 2000-2007. If I didn't have some parameter set I'd be chasing every card that comes out. Thanks for sharing...Rick

Thats pretty much what I am doing. If I pack pulled the card then its PC if trading I am looking for a player I dont have most of the time but not looking to duplicate the same card I already have. One reason why I have all my cards listed in Beckett for easy locating. do I have or not have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

a few more PC Items this month

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update bos breaks and trades from May 2012

SCF Rewards
    Country

10 new scans that I have picked up

[hr]

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice looking pc

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you. Its a work in progress.

SCF Rewards
    Country

completely out of curiosity ( You don't have to answer ) How much have you spent to obtain your collection?

A very nice collection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast