Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Trayvon Martin, my son and the Black male code

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

It's a shame that something like this even needs to be explained to African American youth. I'm not African American but I spent the first 23 years of my life growing up next to an African American family with two boys my age. They were my best friends, we did everything together. I know it's cliche and people hate this response, but I just don't get how someone could look at another people of a different race with hate or suspicion in their eyes. Of course, being an educator has also allowed any bias that one might accumulate towards a certain race to fade away in my life. I've had kids from all over the spectrum and love them all just the same. I love how it's often the case that the students that society could "look down on" are the ones that succeed the most. I love it.

Again, it's sad that kids in America need to be taught the lesson that people might not trust you because the color of your skin. Makes me sad for my daughter and the society she is growing up in.
    Last edited by rchurchward; 03-28-2012 at 04:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this applies to every race.

If your white you will get more attention if you are wearing gangster type clothes.

If your white you shouldn't put your hand where it is a known place people carry guns when talking to police.

If your Hispanic and argue with the police your likely to get in trouble.

If your Asian hand you run away from the police your likely to get in trouble.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

good job boba

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this applies to every race.

If your white you will get more attention if you are wearing gangster type clothes.

If your white you shouldn't put your hand where it is a known place people carry guns when talking to police.

If your Hispanic and argue with the police your likely to get in trouble.

If your Asian hand you run away from the police your likely to get in trouble.

+1, I think in a lot of situations it is how the person acts or carrys themself, and people just like to toss the race card out there because it is easy to do