Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...211222700.html

An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits.

Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it.

"The planning was meticulous," Franz Fasching, a police spokesman, told the Daily Mail. "[Url] waited until his wife and his adult son had left the house and he was alone. He then switched it on and sliced off his left foot above the ankle--throwing it in the fire so it would not be possible to reattach it before he called emergency services."

He "then made his way to the garage where he called emergency services and waited for them to arrive."

Url was airlifted to a hospital in Graz, where he was put in an artificial coma so doctors could stabilize him.

"The foot was too badly burned to reattach," a hospital spokesman said. "All we could do was seal the wound. He had lost a lot of blood--he almost died on the way to hospital."

According to the Austrian Times, Url had complained before the incident that he was too sick to work and "didn't like the work he was offered."

The kicker: according to the paper, being footless does not necessarily qualify Url for unemployment compensation.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

Wow! What some people will do to not have to work, while some of us work our butt off on a daily basis.. That last line really makes me laugh.. haha.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

What an idiot

I hope they force that worthless piece of crap to go to work

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Someone didn't think this one through....
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Wow, talk about someone trying to cheat the system. I hope that they tell him that he needs to get a job or he gets no unemployment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

I would much rather have my foot ..lol.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And the term "has a screw loose" goes to a whole new level.

Actually what they need to do is A) force him to go to a psych hospital for an extended period of time for evaluation and treatment and B) prosecute him for attempted fraud.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Did everyone pass by "the kicker" pun? That made me lol at work.