Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

what do you think about employers giving credit checks or drug tests?

I don't know of a reason why an employer would need to run a credit check. If I were being hired for a job and they asked I'd question why and then I guess I'd have to make the decision of how bad I wanted the job. If I already had the job and they asked I'd more than likely fight it.

As far as drug tests, I don't do any illegal drugs so I haven't looked at that much. I can see the need if a person runs equipment that's insured by the company and could be effected. Typically though if a person can keep their drug use out of the office I think I'm on the side of them not needing to test for drugs. Still not certain on my stance on this one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I don't know of a reason why an employer would need to run a credit check. If I were being hired for a job and they asked I'd question why and then I guess I'd have to make the decision of how bad I wanted the job. If I already had the job and they asked I'd more than likely fight it.

As far as drug tests, I don't do any illegal drugs so I haven't looked at that much. I can see the need if a person runs equipment that's insured by the company and could be effected. Typically though if a person can keep their drug use out of the office I think I'm on the side of them not needing to test for drugs. Still not certain on my stance on this one.

Terrible credit usually displays a lack of judgment. I can understand the reason for it. Companies who receive tons of applications need an objective basis for weeding out those most likely to not be quality employees. Sure, you are going to cut some folks who might be decent, but that's just how it goes. It's the cost of expediency in the hiring process. Just like some law firms won't even interview people unless they have a certain GPA in law school. It's just part of a weeding out process.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Today it is your Facebook. Tomorrow it is your email account. Next month it will be your text messages. In a few years your employer will require monitoring software on your personal computer.

Police states start with small things. They take away something little or force you to do something small. Gradually the requirements get bigger and bigger. Then one day you wake up and you need a government official's approval just to walk out your front door without being executed for treason.

Some will joke or laugh at this concept, but in 20 years those same people who laughed will look back and say "Remember the good old days when we just had to let them see our Facebook page to get a job?"

wow , I do agree with you

For what reason would ANY employer need to see your Facebook page? In fact what good will it do? What are they looking for?

And please dont give the old stale elitist argument What do you have to hide...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Terrible credit usually displays a lack of judgment.

Sometimes but not always so. What if someone had medical bills, id theft, job loss or some other type of emergency beyond their control? Does that show a lack of judgement.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a problem with credit checks if my position involved me handling handling/involving company money such as an accountant, I don't use drugs so I have no problem with a drug test either but what I do on facebook is my own business.

That's the same thing. It's like saying "I don't have a FB acct, so I don't care that employers are asking for it." It's invasive into your personal life either way.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

what do you think about employers giving credit checks or drug tests?

This is normal business

Drugs are illegal and i full understand the drug testing...

A number of jobs I have applied for required credit checks...these are done for several reason besides getting a credit score.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's the same thing. It's like saying "I don't have a FB acct, so I don't care that employers are asking for it." It's invasive into your personal life either way.

Believe it or not several years ago when I was much younger and just starting out I worked for a particular business. Most of the guys who worked there were either fresh out of jail or on there way to jail and a lot of them were involved in the drug game. Some dealers most of them users. The funny part about it was that most of them gossiped like little girls about who was on drugs. I went to the boss man and said since everyone likes to spread rumors about who is on drugs why not drug test everyone and put the results out for all to see. He told me if he started drug testing and suspending and or firing people for being on drugs he wouldn't have a company left.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Believe it or not several years ago when I was much younger and just starting out I worked for a particular business. Most of the guys who worked there were either fresh out of jail or on there way to jail and a lot of them were involved in the drug game. Some dealers most of them users. The funny part about it was that most of them gossiped like little girls about who was on drugs. I went to the boss man and said since everyone likes to spread rumors about who is on drugs why not drug test everyone and put the results out for all to see. He told me if he started drug testing and suspending and or firing people for being on drugs he wouldn't have a company left.

Not to mention the lawsuits he would've faced, unless specified in the handbook that tests can be done w/o cause.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not to mention the lawsuits he would've faced, unless specified in the handbook that tests can be done w/o cause.

I doubt any of those morons that I used to work with would have the recources let alone the intellegence to contact a lawyer. They were only interested in getting their next fix not some long dragged out lawsuit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Terrible credit usually displays a lack of judgment. I can understand the reason for it. Companies who receive tons of applications need an objective basis for weeding out those most likely to not be quality employees. Sure, you are going to cut some folks who might be decent, but that's just how it goes. It's the cost of expediency in the hiring process. Just like some law firms won't even interview people unless they have a certain GPA in law school. It's just part of a weeding out process.

I get that it can display a lack of judgement, but I know some people that have a lot of debt and they are great at their jobs. I'd also expect that some people are in debt and it's not a cause of having poor judgement. I just think that credit scores are something a potential employer shouldn't be able to require a person to give them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast