Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are you reading?

It seems we are a dying breed, but surely there are folks on this forum who still love a good book.

I am about to start Pensées by Blaise Pascal. I read and hand-copied the entirety of C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity earlier this year, so I'm continuing the trend of reading great Christian philosophers.

Another trend I've had lately is reading the great Russian novelists: I just finished Turgenev's Fathers and Sons, and I also read Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment and Tolstoy's Anna Karenina this year.
    Collecting Acie Law, Adam Morrison, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker, and OKC Thunder (name/uni on card). Have lists: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; and Hidden Content .
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Have a great basketball collection? See criteria for our Hidden Content
    Keep count of a player, team, or set? See our sticky threads in Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    I am trying to get back into reading and books not on those nooks or Ipads i like a book in hand.And am re reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote my interest was peaked because I caught Capote late night the other nigh on cable.Read this as a senior in high school so I will read it again
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I have heard much about that one, but I've actually never read it. The only stuff by Capote I've read are some of his short stories.
    Collecting Acie Law, Adam Morrison, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker, and OKC Thunder (name/uni on card). Have lists: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; and Hidden Content .

I am reading 3 Books at the moment:

1. Soldaten- On fighting, killing, dying. The Secret WW2 Transcript of German POWs. (re-read) Fantastic - By Harald Welzer

2. Beyond The Blue Horizon- How the Earliest Mariners Unlocked the Secrets of The Oceans - Brilliant so far. By Brian Fagan

3. Engineers of Victory- Problem Solvers Who Turned The Tide in the Second World War - looks interesting By Paul Kennedy
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

Want List:Hidden Content

I am reading the Monster of Florence.....good book about Italy's version of Jack the Ripper. Really twisted book that has you wondering who was the killer. The author was even suspected. Interesting to say the least.
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content (Use this first because it's just better!!)
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

I highly suggest it very good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkingDurant35 View Post
    I have heard much about that one, but I've actually never read it. The only stuff by Capote I've read are some of his short stories.
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I'm now reading Confessions by St. Augustine.

Because I enjoyed the first book even though he dissed Kobe I am reading 11 rings Phil Jacksons new one

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

He didn't really diss Kobe - he gave him both praise and criticism - he just showed the analytic reality of why he isn't as good as Jordan. :)

Yeah I guess it is how you view it.And I will save my thoughts on #23 for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkingDurant35 View Post
    He didn't really diss Kobe - he gave him both praise and criticism - he just showed the analytic reality of why he isn't as good as Jordan. :)

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast