Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

What are you reading?

It seems we are a dying breed, but surely there are folks on this forum who still love a good book.

I am about to start Pensées by Blaise Pascal. I read and hand-copied the entirety of C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity earlier this year, so I'm continuing the trend of reading great Christian philosophers.

Another trend I've had lately is reading the great Russian novelists: I just finished Turgenev's Fathers and Sons, and I also read Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment and Tolstoy's Anna Karenina this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am trying to get back into reading and books not on those nooks or Ipads i like a book in hand.And am re reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote my interest was peaked because I caught Capote late night the other nigh on cable.Read this as a senior in high school so I will read it again

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have heard much about that one, but I've actually never read it. The only stuff by Capote I've read are some of his short stories.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I am reading 3 Books at the moment:

1. Soldaten- On fighting, killing, dying. The Secret WW2 Transcript of German POWs. (re-read) Fantastic - By Harald Welzer

2. Beyond The Blue Horizon- How the Earliest Mariners Unlocked the Secrets of The Oceans - Brilliant so far. By Brian Fagan

3. Engineers of Victory- Problem Solvers Who Turned The Tide in the Second World War - looks interesting By Paul Kennedy

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

I am reading the Monster of Florence.....good book about Italy's version of Jack the Ripper. Really twisted book that has you wondering who was the killer. The author was even suspected. Interesting to say the least.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I highly suggest it very good read.
    I have heard much about that one, but I've actually never read it. The only stuff by Capote I've read are some of his short stories.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm now reading Confessions by St. Augustine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Because I enjoyed the first book even though he dissed Kobe I am reading 11 rings Phil Jacksons new one

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He didn't really diss Kobe - he gave him both praise and criticism - he just showed the analytic reality of why he isn't as good as Jordan. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I guess it is how you view it.And I will save my thoughts on #23 for another thread.
    He didn't really diss Kobe - he gave him both praise and criticism - he just showed the analytic reality of why he isn't as good as Jordan. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast