Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ozzie Guillen

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

so you're saying that you can go into your work tomorrow and say the most racist or vulgar comments you can think of and that you feel you have the right to say them without any kind of punishment from your work?

I think that's a little extreme comparing someone going to work making racist and extremists comments to what Ozzie said. That being said although I don't agree with Ozzie being suspended I completely understand why he was. The Marlins play in South Florida an area with a large Cuban population many of them do not like Castro. So after Ozzie said what they said the Marlins had to distance themselves from Ozzie's remarks otherwise they would have ran the risk of alienating a large segment of their fan base. Their decision was strictly a financial decision not a political one. Again I do not like what happend to Ozzie but as me all know money talks that other stuff walks.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I think that's a little extreme comparing someone going to work making racist and extremists comments to what Ozzie said. That being said although I don't agree with Ozzie being suspended I completely understand why he was. The Marlins play in South Florida an area with a large Cuban population many of them do not like Castro. So after Ozzie said what they said the Marlins had to distance themselves from Ozzie's remarks otherwise they would have ran the risk of alienating a large segment of their fan base. Their decision was strictly a financial decision not a political one. Again I do not like what happend to Ozzie but as me all know money talks that other stuff walks.

It shouldn't matter if people like Castro or not. He has his opinion, and if he likes Castro, then he should be able to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It shouldn't matter if people like Castro or not. He has his opinion, and if he likes Castro, then he should be able to.

I agree with you but as we all know money makes the world go around and Ozzie's mouth could potentially cost the marlins a lot of money.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Who is saying he can't like Castro?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who is saying he can't like Castro?

Obviously the Florida Marlins for giving him a five game suspension for voicing pro castro views.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Obviously the Florida Marlins for giving him a five game suspension for voicing pro castro views.

Yep.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

the freedom of speech covers your right to not be charged or imprisoned for your beliefs. It does not mean you will not face consequences in life. I do not understand the attitude of those that think the marlins had no right to do this. His comments could cost them millions. Why should he be protected for any fall out?

SCF Rewards
    Country

the freedom of speech covers your right to not be charged or imprisoned for your beliefs. It does not mean you will not face consequences in life. I do not understand the attitude of those that think the marlins had no right to do this. His comments could cost them millions. Why should he be protected for any fall out?

I'm sure that there is some type of either morals clause or something that prevents him from saying or taking actions that would embarass the organization. That being said it's real ironic and sad that baseball which is america's pastime would be through one of their former star players and current star coaches under the bus for speaking his mind on political issues regarding castro but have no problem with curt shilling making pro bush and pro war statements. Hyprocricy at it's finest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

I'm sure that there is some type of either morals clause or something that prevents him from saying or taking actions that would embarass the organization. That being said it's real ironic and sad that baseball which is america's pastime would be through one of their former star players and current star coaches under the bus for speaking his mind on political issues regarding castro but have no problem with curt shilling making pro bush and pro war statements. Hyprocricy at it's finest.

you really can't help it can you? you probably see bush hiding under your bed and in your closet at night.

how in the world is supporting bush and supporting castro the same thing? No one was going to boycott baseball because shilling supported bush. Last I checked, bush was not imprisoning anyone who disagreed with him politically. Last I checked, thousands upon thousands were not fleeing the united states at risk of their own lives just to flee the tyranny of bush.

it is safe to say when shilling was with the red sox, they lost zero dollars for his comments about bush. the marlins stand to lose millions. now, care to explain to me how those are the same thing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

you really can't help it can you? you probably see bush hiding under your bed and in your closet at night.

how in the world is supporting bush and supporting castro the same thing? No one was going to boycott baseball because shilling supported bush. Last I checked, bush was not imprisoning anyone who disagreed with him politically. Last I checked, thousands upon thousands were not fleeing the united states at risk of their own lives just to flee the tyranny of bush.

it is safe to say when shilling was with the red sox, they lost zero dollars for his comments about bush. the marlins stand to lose millions. now, care to explain to me how those are the same thing?

Yes it is all about the mighty dollar but it is also sad that you can cheerlead the popular politician at the time and get a pat on the back but if you say something about an unpopular politician you are considered a social outcast. That my friend is where the hyprocracy lies. Just like there are people who love bush there are people who love castro too. I personally don't care about the guy one way or the other but I don't think that it is fair that you should be suspended for speaking your mind about him.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast