Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Chicago homicides soar in first quarter of 2012

So, Obama's number one guy Emanuel becomes the mayor of Chicago and the homicides and gun violence in Chicago goes through the roof.

Homicides in Chicago soared by 60 percent in the first three months of 2012, continuing a troublesome trend that began late last year. Nonfatal shootings also rose sharply in the first quarter, Police Department statistics show.

From Jan. 1 through April 1 this year, 120 homicides were recorded in Chicago, up sharply from 75 in the same period in both 2011 and 2010, according to department statistics. Nonfatal shootings totaled almost 490 in the first three months of 2012, up 37 percent from a year earlier.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1713215.story

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It's kind of ironic that cities that either outlaw guns all together or make them all but impossible to get (DC, Chicago) often have the highest rates of gun violence. Just a little food for thought. BTW this has been going on in Chicago and DC long before most of us have ever heard of Obama.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's kind of ironic that cities that either outlaw guns all together or make them all but impossible to get (DC, Chicago) often have the highest rates of gun violence. Just a little food for thought. BTW this has been going on in Chicago and DC long before most of us have ever heard of Obama.

They key is the are impossible to get for citizens that follow the law. And yes, they have been like that before Obama, but almost ALWAYS Democrats running the city.

In Chicago, the last Republican was elected in 1927.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Chicago

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can't even figure out when the last Republican was elected in D.C.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ashington,_D.C.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Believe it or not that is one of my beefs with the dems is that they are generally not gun friendly a few of them do not believe in the second amendment. However despite this most of the time the dems are a better alternative that what the republicans have to offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Ironic, but an easily-foreseeable unintended consequence. Chicago and DC are shining examples of why gun control laws don't work. Only people who respect the law follow laws. Violent criminals obviously do not.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I lived in D.C. during the late 80's and early 90's. That place was crazy! I drove a towtruck (I know, I was crazy for doing that) and saw quite a few issues of violence including a stabbing and a very bad beating of a guy by a gang. I was always blown away by the idea that our nation's capitol is one of the most violent places in our country. Logic would dictate that it would be the safest but it was and still is far from it.

I can't even figure out when the last Republican was elected in D.C.:

For all intents and purposes, there has never been one. The Republicans of the late 1800's were hardly anything like the Republicans of modern times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For all intents and purposes, there has never been one. The Republicans of the late 1800's were hardly anything like the Republicans of modern times.

That's the understatement of the year. The current crap of republicans are hardly the party of lincoln.