Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Teacher Fired Over Trayvon Martin Fundraiser

Man.....Will the controversy ever stop???? WOW. I do have to side with the superintendant here to an extent.Teachers are paid to TEACH,not to be an activist for anything while on duty.I do have to say,labeling her a bad teacher and the firing was a bit out of line.Years ago,this would've never made news if a suspension or a verbal warning had happened.How times change.Good luck to our future kids!!!! ~~Dave C.
    Last edited by hawk2618; 04-10-2012 at 08:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Putting the teacher on paid leave would have been the way to go in this one. I can understand why it was done, but I think the firing is a bit much. As long as there was no prior poor history with said teacher.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Putting the teacher on paid leave would have been the way to go in this one. I can understand why it was done, but I think the firing is a bit much. As long as there was no prior poor history with said teacher.

She was given a 2 day suspension for the incident. During her suspension she came to the school anyway and was given a longer suspension. At some point in time she apparently took issue with the extension and was fired.

So it would appear that she was suspended, which makes sense. Then she violated the discipline policy by going to the school during her suspension and her suspension was extended as punishment for that. She most likely became indignant and insubordinant at the extension and was fired for that.

So the media is doing what it always does and painting her as the victim and is saying that she was fired for a Trayvon Martin fundraiser, which is simply not the truth.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thumbs up once again reporting fails

She was given a 2 day suspension for the incident. During her suspension she came to the school anyway and was given a longer suspension. At some point in time she apparently took issue with the extension and was fired.

So it would appear that she was suspended, which makes sense. Then she violated the discipline policy by going to the school during her suspension and her suspension was extended as punishment for that. She most likely became indignant and insubordinant at the extension and was fired for that.

So the media is doing what it always does and painting her as the victim and is saying that she was fired for a Trayvon Martin fundraiser, which is simply not the truth.

I actually read this on a yahoo top 10 list hitting the news and at "NO TIME did it say she was suspended 2 days and then returned only to get a longer suspension only to rant and then get fired. When will news reporters learn to add everything????? Now my views have totally changed
    She deserved every bit of it.Thumbs up to the Superintendant

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I actually read this on a yahoo top 10 list hitting the news and at "NO TIME did it say she was suspended 2 days and then returned only to get a longer suspension only to rant and then get fired. When will news reporters learn to add everything????? Now my views have totally changed
    She deserved every bit of it.Thumbs up to the Superintendant

Sensationalizing the truth doesn't sell as well as twisting the facts and sensationalizing that.