Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Inventory Image Standards (draft)

Members wishing to earn 0.5 Card Cash per image uploaded to their inventory and having their image accepted to the SCF official OPG as the stock image, must meet specific requirements. Images uploaded NOT meeting any one of these standards will get rejected. The image will still show up in your inventory, but you will not earn Card Cash for the upload. Here is a list of standards:

1. Images must not be too small - A good rule of thumb is 500 pixels heigh for vertical cards or 500 pixels wide for horizontal cards. Here is an acceptible image that is 537 pixels in height. The only exception to this rule is for mini-cards, coins and other items that are small in nature.

Here is an example of a card that is too small:

2. Image must be cropped - We should not see too much background. Shoot for at least 95% of the image being the card. Here is an example of a card that should be cropped more:

3. No graded cards - Please crop any graded cards! The only cards accepted in plastic casings are those produced and distributed in casings like uncirculated cards, ITG slabbed cards, etc. If they are shipped from the manufacture in a casing, it is good for our database.

4. Low resolution images - We can't accept faded or low resolution images. For example:

5. Over-cropped images - If some of the card is cut off we can't use it! For example:

6. Multiple cards - We can't accept images that show multiple cards. Please only upload the specific image of the card.

[IMG][/IMG]

7. Images should be uploaded in the proper vertical or horizontal view - If it is a horizontal viewed card, please do not upload it vertically. Also, cards must be as straight as possible (no tilt to the card). Here is an example of a card that will get rejected:

8. Images should be free of company watermarks - (i.e. eBay, COMC, etc)

9. No pre-redemption cards - For example:

10. Image should be flat and from the overhead view position - Here is a photo of a card NOT directly overhead:

11. Images must not have a blurry spot - no blurrs from a flash or the sun. For example:

12. Image must be the front (or front and back) of the card - For example, this will get rejected:

13. It must be original with no in person autographs. For example:

This is an example of a card that meets all the requirements and is the most desirable:

Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 02-10-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Mike- should number 5 say can't instead of can?
    Purdue University Class of 2018
    Hidden Content
    Andrew Bailey: 189/240 not including 1/1's (78.8%); 203/436 cards including 1/1's(46.6%)

Mike- should number 5 say can't instead of can?
    Yes! Thanks.

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Mike, I believe that the system itself warns us if the size is too small. But I'm not sure if it's set to as big as what you have listed. Are we setting a new standard size now? If so, some of the older test issues & such may blur a little when trying to increase the size. If I remember correctly the old Kelly's Potato Chips & Coke Caps from the 60's were awful small to begin with.
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 556/3390 not including 1/1's (16.4%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 10/19 (52.6%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

So we're definitely ok with a scan of the front and back of the same card, side by side? For a lot of parallel sets, that's the only way to distinguish what's there.

Looks good.. only suggestion is to list the minimum size accepted. I do believe you get a warning and such but if someone was reading this before hand, it would certainly save them some time if they new the minimum size allowed.
    Markus Naslund Collector
    Hidden Content

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Just for future reference, would an image like this with a front & back be acceptable?

SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 556/3390 not including 1/1's (16.4%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 10/19 (52.6%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

I added that cards must be original with no in person autographs.

Mike, I believe that the system itself warns us if the size is too small. But I'm not sure if it's set to as big as what you have listed. Are we setting a new standard size now? If so, some of the older test issues & such may blur a little when trying to increase the size. If I remember correctly the old Kelly's Potato Chips & Coke Caps from the 60's were awful small to begin with.
    I think we will have to have an exception for mini cards, coins, etc. I need to chat with Luc to ensure the watermark is small enough though or half of the "sportscardforum.com" gets cut off.

So we're definitely ok with a scan of the front and back of the same card, side by side? For a lot of parallel sets, that's the only way to distinguish what's there.
    I think it is GREAT to have the front and back when possible. I would NOT delete any of those. It can only help. There are also those pull out signed jersey cards. I love when they are pulled out to show the signature.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast