Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Wow, you're a Griffey collector and you pulled that? That's great!
    Hidden Content Kevin Dineen Collection: 248/253, 98.02%
    In hockey, collecting Kevin Dineen, Tobias Enstrom, David McKee, Matt Moulson, Mike Iggulden, Ryan Vesce, Sasha Pokulok, the Hartford Whalers and the Atlanta Thrashers.
    In baseball collecting the Boston Red Sox.
    Websites: Hidden Content , Hidden Content . Tradelist: Hidden Content

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
    Very nice card! Thanks for showing it off! It's great to see another Griffey collector, like myself, being able to show off some of their PC! I actually have to disagree on your saying that if you have seen one Griffey collection then you have seen them all. I have seen other Griffey collections and to me they are all different and unique in their own ways. I think my collection is very unique in all of the rare cards that I have been able to accumulate over the years. I should have a lot of cards that a lot of other Griffey collectors probably don't have so that should make my PC different. Was just surprised to hear that. Again, great card and send me a link to your photobucket if you have one so that I can seen your entire collection! Thanks!

    Thanks for the feedback on my card, no photobucket at the moment, and all of my Griffey Jr. collection consists of is early 90's inserts/refractors or game used and autos of him in a Mariners uniform. Always been a Griffey and Mariners fan so I stray away from the Reds stuff. I'll upload a few of my rare inserts and refractors and send them your way.

    Do you trade for or buy Griffey items you don't have? I've got quite a few doubles of 90's stuff.

  3. #13
    Griffey Jr. has been my favorite player my whole life and I always wanted to start collecting his cards. This is a beauty!!!
    Mostly Griffey Jr, Stanton, and Phillies Autos, but just ask because I like everything... Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #14

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyJr View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on my card, no photobucket at the moment, and all of my Griffey Jr. collection consists of is early 90's inserts/refractors or game used and autos of him in a Mariners uniform. Always been a Griffey and Mariners fan so I stray away from the Reds stuff. I'll upload a few of my rare inserts and refractors and send them your way.

    Do you trade for or buy Griffey items you don't have? I've got quite a few doubles of 90's stuff.
    Hey, I understand if you only like him in a Mariners uniform. I on the other hand like either uniform that he is in and I completely understand and respect Griffey's decision on going over to the Reds because of his dad being a pretty famous Reds player for a while. I have to be honest with you in that I associate Griffey more with the Reds because of his dad being on the Reds and also because I have seen Griffey more when he was playing on the Reds. When he was on the Mariners I was younger and didn't see him that often cause of being a Cubs fan. In the end as long as it is Griffey on a card I could really care less what uniform he is in. The true value of a card to me is how rare the card is regardless of a player's uniform. Anyways, I think my collection has a lot of nice Griffey Reds and Mariners cards and you should check it out and let me know what you think of it? Also, to answer your question about buying or trading Griffey stuff I buy a card of his here and there but everything that you can see from my bucket page I am looking to keep. I did sell a lot of my lower end cards in the last year while picking up some more higher end cards to add to my collection. Right now I have just focused on his higher end autos and game used cards. Thanks!
    Check out my AMAZING Griffey collection Hidden Content

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
    Hey, I understand if you only like him in a Mariners uniform. I on the other hand like either uniform that he is in and I completely understand and respect Griffey's decision on going over to the Reds because of his dad being a pretty famous Reds player for a while. I have to be honest with you in that I associate Griffey more with the Reds because of his dad being on the Reds and also because I have seen Griffey more when he was playing on the Reds. When he was on the Mariners I was younger and didn't see him that often cause of being a Cubs fan. In the end as long as it is Griffey on a card I could really care less what uniform he is in. The true value of a card to me is how rare the card is regardless of a player's uniform. Anyways, I think my collection has a lot of nice Griffey Reds and Mariners cards and you should check it out and let me know what you think of it? Also, to answer your question about buying or trading Griffey stuff I buy a card of his here and there but everything that you can see from my bucket page I am looking to keep. I did sell a lot of my lower end cards in the last year while picking up some more higher end cards to add to my collection. Right now I have just focused on his higher end autos and game used cards. Thanks!

    I've seen your collection and watched you rant and rave about how yours is the "best of the best" your collection has few early great Griffey cards but mostly consists of later reds patches and autographs which were pretty mass produced, especially after Grifey was no longer exclusive to Upper Deck for game used and Autographs. If your're basing a Griffey collection of of how "rare" the card is then you would know that anything from 1989-1999 is the rarest of any Griffey card as that was the prime of his career and shortprints for baseball card inserts/gameused/autos actually were short-printed. There weren't 100 different variations of the same Patch card numbered to /50

    I respect his decision to be with his family and dad but don't enjoy seeing a collection of Griffey on the reds as much. I've seen your photo album and read your rants and raves about how your Griffey collection is "the best of the best" on a number of forums and am frankly pretty disgusted at how others may view the mass of Griffey fans based on your attitude.

    The arrogance you have in your collection and the general attitude of "having the best of the best ever!" is ridiculous and needs to stop. If you enjoy your collection so much and it means the world to you then sit at home and bask in your own glory of mass produced autos and patches but don't force feed us like unwilling Foie gras.

    Anyone associating Griffey more so with the Reds is just ridiculous, even Griffey himself decide to go back to the Mariners because he knew that was his home.

    Griffey's entire story is only emotional because of his Mariner heritage and what he did during his years there. There is a reason its called "The House that Griffey Built."

    Source of my claim for you being ridiculous:
    http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/g...n-heavy-2.html
    Last edited by GriffeyJr; 04-15-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  6. #16
    nice Griffey man

    TPM, you're so full of yourself lmao
    Collecting everything of: Frank Thomas

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyJr View Post
    I've seen your collection and watched you rant and rave about how yours is the "best of the best" your collection has few early great Griffey cards but mostly consists of later reds patches and autographs which were pretty mass produced, especially after Grifey was no longer exclusive to Upper Deck for game used and Autographs. If your're basing a Griffey collection of of how "rare" the card is then you would know that anything from 1989-1999 is the rarest of any Griffey card as that was the prime of his career and shortprints for baseball card inserts/gameused/autos actually were short-printed. There weren't 100 different variations of the same Patch card numbered to /50

    I respect his decision to be with his family and dad but don't enjoy seeing a collection of Griffey on the reds as much. I've seen your photo album and read your rants and raves about how your Griffey collection is "the best of the best" on a number of forums and am frankly pretty disgusted at how others may view the mass of Griffey fans based on your attitude.

    The arrogance you have in your collection and the general attitude of "having the best of the best ever!" is ridiculous and needs to stop. If you enjoy your collection so much and it means the world to you then sit at home and bask in your own glory of mass produced autos and patches but don't force feed us like unwilling Foie gras.

    Anyone associating Griffey more so with the Reds is just ridiculous, even Griffey himself decide to go back to the Mariners because he knew that was his home.

    Griffey's entire story is only emotional because of his Mariner heritage and what he did during his years there. There is a reason its called "The House that Griffey Built."

    Source of my claim for you being ridiculous:
    http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/g...n-heavy-2.html
    LOL! You know you could have just said it's a nice Griffey collection and ended it at that instead of trying to start an argument with me! I was only giving my opinion on Griffey and wasn't trying to start an argument with you. Let's just leave it at that and I'll pretend that you didn't say any of that BS. Thanks!
    Check out my AMAZING Griffey collection Hidden Content

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyJr View Post
    I've seen your collection and watched you rant and rave about how yours is the "best of the best" your collection has few early great Griffey cards but mostly consists of later reds patches and autographs which were pretty mass produced, especially after Grifey was no longer exclusive to Upper Deck for game used and Autographs. If your're basing a Griffey collection of of how "rare" the card is then you would know that anything from 1989-1999 is the rarest of any Griffey card as that was the prime of his career and shortprints for baseball card inserts/gameused/autos actually were short-printed. There weren't 100 different variations of the same Patch card numbered to /50

    I respect his decision to be with his family and dad but don't enjoy seeing a collection of Griffey on the reds as much. I've seen your photo album and read your rants and raves about how your Griffey collection is "the best of the best" on a number of forums and am frankly pretty disgusted at how others may view the mass of Griffey fans based on your attitude.

    The arrogance you have in your collection and the general attitude of "having the best of the best ever!" is ridiculous and needs to stop. If you enjoy your collection so much and it means the world to you then sit at home and bask in your own glory of mass produced autos and patches but don't force feed us like unwilling Foie gras.

    Anyone associating Griffey more so with the Reds is just ridiculous, even Griffey himself decide to go back to the Mariners because he knew that was his home.

    Griffey's entire story is only emotional because of his Mariner heritage and what he did during his years there. There is a reason its called "The House that Griffey Built."

    Source of my claim for you being ridiculous:
    http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/g...n-heavy-2.html
    I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS! HOORAY!

    Thank you for saying this....
    Always collecting: HANLEY RAMIREZ, Starlin Castro, Wily Mo Pena, the Philadelphia Phillies, Clayton Kershaw, and Stan "The Man" Musial.
    Hidden Content Bucket: Hidden Content

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by W_Raoul2 View Post
    I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS! HOORAY!

    Thank you for saying this....
    +1
    Awesome Griffey auto btw.
    The late 90'S autos look amazing.
    Hidden Content

    Looking for Bill Mazeroski Auto's/GU'd/Vintage
    Hidden Content

  10. #20
    Very NICE! Very sharp AU! Like it a lot.
    Hidden Content
    MLB - Ken Griffey Jr. - Ted Williams - Michael Jordan (Baseball)
    and 1961 Topps -
    NBA - Sebastian Telfair -

    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •