Thread: Steal of the Month #46
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM #1
Steal of the Month #46
Please read the rules carefully as the Hockey Staff will look to be doing this contest on a Monthly basis.
1. Contest is for auctions won between 12:00am EST July 1 and 11:59pm EST July 31. Only auctions won during that time will be accepted for entry! Entries will be accepted until August 1, 11:59pm EST (8:59pm PST).
2. Three (3) auctions per member per month. Please edit your wins into one post. If a member submits more than three entries for the month, only the first three will be considered. The auction must be for a single card, not a lot of 2 or more cards or a box of cards. Choose wisely! (Hockey only, please check the other sports for similar contests)
3. Post a link to your Ebay auction win. You can provide a screen shot if you want to show it off, but a link to the auction MUST be provided.
4. The Ebay user ID in your SCF profile MUST match the user ID of the winning bidder!
**I will not chase people to make sure that there Ebay Profile is set up properly on SCF. If your ID is not set up, your entry will not be accepted. If you do not know how to setup your Ebay user ID in your SCF profile, feel free to contact me but I will not chase people down for it.
5. Explain why you think your card is a steal. If it has a BV, let us know. You can even show previous auctions that ended to compare your win. Convince us!
6. The Hockey moderating team will vote on the winner. Winner will be announced after the votes are in and given 150cc into their account.
7. Member must be in good standing. Please refer to the SCF Rules page on infractions.
8. Please make sure that the auction you submit is not a private listing (where eBay IDs are not shown). Private listing auctions will not be accepted as winning bidder user IDs cannot be verified.
SCF staff cannot participate in this contest.
Card Cash (CC) can be used for purchasing cards from our Card Cash store, purchasing cards from Card Cash auctions, purchasing cards from other members, playing SCF arcade games, and for betting.
Last Month's Winner is: zPens87z
07-10-2013, 11:36 PM #2
Dual patch 8/10 both patches three colours.NIEUWENDYK/ROBERTS. $15.70. Would of been better it the post office didn't jack up the cost to ship to Canada. It looks like UD messed up the Nieuwendyk patch. Looks like a Niedermayer Ducks patch. Still major Roberts PC for me. I would of paid four times what I did to get it.
I most likely won't win, but want to show off my new pc.
Last edited by patrickadams26; 07-27-2013 at 10:49 PM.Patrick
07-11-2013, 08:07 AM #3
07-19-2013, 10:34 PM #4
I don't get how to link a win to here, I right click and there is no copy/paste option?. Also, it only shows the seller but not the winners ebay ID??
07-19-2013, 10:43 PM #5
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM #6
Mine is this one from a week ago
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-09-PATRICK-KANE-Peter-Mueller-UD-BLack-AUTOGRAPH-Jersey-Serial-15-AUTO-/360688948549?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=T5bWwE%252FNbw2LygWcWOJ ttU1Mlrw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
A 2009 UD Black dual autograph of Patrick Kane and Peter Mueller #/15 for a grand total of $12.50
The reason I think this is a steal is because its from a high end set, low numbered, and has Patrick Kane on it (his Stanley Cup win made most of his card's price go up). Plus it is an on card autograph.
07-19-2013, 10:51 PM #7
07-19-2013, 10:54 PM #8
2006 Bowman Chrome Draft Jason Donald Gold Refractor BGS 9.5 $4.09
I mean, anything graded 9.5 sub $5 is a steal IMO. But for a PC guy, who can still turn his career around to be an everyday player. A 1st Bowman Chrome Card GOLD refractor! Now I have 9.5 graded everything in the rainbow except a red refractor and the superfractor (which i lost a couple months ago due to lack of funds at the time =[ )
I hope this isnt too much of a ramble, I mean I payed more for the BGS 9.5 version of the Blue Refractor in My collection.
07-19-2013, 11:05 PM #9
Well here it is maybe, Ovechkin Trilogy RC/999 for $25.00, its not autographed like the new Trilogy, but its Ovy! and a # card, Crosby version is on there for $120. In the long term I think it is a good deal and investment vs his Yg which there are some guess, 1/2 million copies! Anyway a PC guy and I love the look of these cards.
07-19-2013, 11:34 PM #10