Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

well if you are not christian, jewish, or muslim, i could see why

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

someone could argue that god's chosen people lived longer, but then we get to how did the people come about that god didn't create. one bit of proof others existed on earth along side god's people is the fact cain left to the land of nod and "knew a wife", where did she come from?

Obviously God created other people and forgot to tell Adam. He was pretty busy back then.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep in mind, in order for people to believe the Earth began 6,000 years ago, they also have to believe that the ages of these early generations spanned 900 years.

It confuses the heck out of me how there was once a time that people began dying at "normal" ages while other people were still walking around at ages of 300, 400, 650, 775?

If memory serves correct they already had a very good idea about how this was. They misinterpreted the age in the texts and basically added a zero to them. So when they say Noah lived to be 950 it was actually 95 which back then was miraculous in its own right.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

If memory serves correct they already had a very good idea about how this was. They misinterpreted the age in the texts and basically added a zero to them. So when they say Noah lived to be 950 it was actually 95 which back then was miraculous in its own right.

That would be all well and good; however, many others claim that the length of a year was different or, the first people were more pure or, the Flood changed the vitamin content of the food or, people started consuming "unclean" food ... The "explanations" go on and on.

If it was a misinterpretation, don't you think they should start addressing it? That also would make the Earth even younger too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It wouldn't make the earth younger because I am not dumb enough to actually believe its only 6000 years old in the first place. Obviously people have addressed it or else I wouldn't have heard about it. It is possible, perhaps, but coming from people who believe things like the earth being so young, not believing in evolution, and believing that people and dinosaurs lived together at the same time just doesn't help the claim hold up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

now now veggie,

earth 6000 years old, yea i can't even argue for that, so lets skip this

evolution, i don't believe that humans evolved from mud, but i do believe in many aspects of evolution and so do others that believe god created us

dinosaurs and man, i would logically say i agree, but i have seen a few things that made me wonder about it, i do believe we have been around much longer than most say, but maybe not that long

believe in all came from nothing or all came from god, doesn't seem much different

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe to God a day is a billion years? To god wouldn't time sort of be meaningless anyways? The bible, for me, would make a heck of a lot more sense to view the 7 days of creation more of stages than actual days as we see them. A new day = a new era.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

using the bible to prove or disprove our origins or how old the earth is makes my head spin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

maybe to god a day is a billion years? To god wouldn't time sort of be meaningless anyways? The bible, for me, would make a heck of a lot more sense to view the 7 days of creation more of stages than actual days as we see them. A new day = a new era.

+1
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe to God a day is a billion years?

yes sir, maybe it is, then again, maybe not

i am a firm believer in god and jesus, but not mans idea of what he is, and it is man that wrote the bible.

god did not write it, just influenced it

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast