Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

What leagues does ITG have contracts with?

Trying to ID where a number swatch came from off a card I am getting in trade. The trader says the back says Providence Bruins, but they have no black and green in their colors.

2008-09 ITG Heroes and Prospects Numbers Autographs #NACC Chris Collins

I traced his teams and he played for Long Beach(ECHL) and Des Moines(USHL), colors would match to Des Moines, but does ITG have a contract with the USHL?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not sure that they would need a licensing agreement with the ECHL or USHL to buy the jerseys and used them in cards (unless they were doing a complete logo card with it).

As for you card, I suspect it came from a St. Patty's day jersey like this one:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...nsStPats07.jpg

(can't get the image to imbed, but the link should work)
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 04-15-2012 at 12:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure that they would need a licensing agreement with the ECHL or USHL to buy the jerseys and used them in cards (unless they were doing a complete logo card with it).

As for you card, I suspect it came from a St. Patty's day jersey like this one:

I had thought that, but those jerseys I know for a fact get auctioned off. I am a season ticket holder for them. So I could probably easily spot someone wearing it to a game around St. Patties day. Plus it is a large black section and I see that nowhere on any of the St. Patties we have worn.

I guess I won't worry too much, guy threw it into our deal and I'm greatful for that.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Most teams that do one-off jerseys like that do auction them off....... but why couldn't ITG win one of the auctions? (Or someone sell the jersey they won to ITG after the fact?)

Looking at the picture I posted, I do think you're right - I don't see a spot on that jerseys that the swatch on your card came from (the Green / Black combo doesn't seem to exist) but I think the picture I posted was from 07 ? you would know better than I - but I'd wager there is a St. Patrick's Day jersey from one year that he played there where the numbers do match that pattern.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why not ask Dr. Price by hitting up ITG thru their site to see if you can get a answer to your question. Always better to go to the source for the answer instead of specualting.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Here's what I suggest:
    1. The card says "number" patch auto.
    2. Here's a photo of the goalie wearing a providence Bruins St. Paddy's day jersey

On his right arm, see the number "30"? The inside is white, the outline is black and the oustide is surrounded by green. Same colour combo as your piece. White, thin black and then green.

3. As for purchase, just checkout out their website:
    https://www.providencebruins.com/Sho...Worn%20Jerseys
    They still have a 06-07 Mark Stuart and Peter Kalus unsold pieces. Shouldn't be too hard for ITG to pick up one.

If it helps, the photo I liked above appears to be a 07-08 (2008) version. Here's the page that linked the photo
    http://hockey-blog-in-canada.blogspo...and-stuff.html

The AHL's Providence Bruins might be the only team that does promotional nights right. They never seem to have a bad look. January 11, 2008 saw them honour the men and women of the US military. February 8, 2008 had the Bruins on the road dressed as the Providence Reds. The Reds operated in Providence from 1926 until 1977 in several leagues. February 10, 2008 had the Bruins play at home as the Reds. March 15, 2008 saw the Bruins celebrate St. Patrick's Day. And in one of the lesser seen things in hockey, Nat Thompson played part of last season with a cage. Solid jerseys all around for Providence.

Would that fit. Did Chris Collins play on the March 15, 2008 for the Providence Bruins?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very well that the jersey could have gone unsold. I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe ITG bids on jerseys from minor league teams? I know now that he isn't around anymore that you may not see people wearing the jersey as often. I'll have to keep an eye out next March to see if anyone has a Collins St. Patricks jersey.

It really is tough to tell what sells, Providence does have jerseys on their site available. But just within the past few years has made note of which ones are only Game Issued.

I'll wait and see when I get the card if I can analyze it better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update I emailed ITG to ask about it and got this response. And a fast one at that. I sent it not 10 minutes ago. Get a real response from UD that fast I bet not.

I am going to also send the link and info on the card.

Our licensing affiliations and the suppliers of our game-used jerseys are proprietary information that we do not share with collectors.

If you would like to let us know exactly what card you are referring to, we might be able to assist.

In The Game, Inc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just read this post. Please understand that we can't respond to collectors with our legal affiliations and the suppliers of our jerseys. That would not be good business.

I do know the jersey of Chris Collins, I acquired it myself several years ago from the team.

I just had someone check the box and it is white, green and black with what looks like the rest of a St. Patrick's type logo.

That's about all the information I can get from the pieces left in the jersey box.

Hope this helps.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just read this post. Please understand that we can't respond to collectors with our legal affiliations and the suppliers of our jerseys. That would not be good business.

I do know the jersey of Chris Collins, I acquired it myself several years ago from the team.

I just had someone check the box and it is white, green and black with what looks like the rest of a St. Patrick's type logo.

That's about all the information I can get from the pieces left in the jersey box.

Hope this helps.

Brian Price

Yes very much. I really enjoy your product as it has the up and coming stars. And the fast response is great. You wouldn't find that too often with any other company. Thanks again, no explanation needed on where you get jerseys. This one just puzzled me as I am a P. Bruins season ticket holder and could have sworn I had seen someone wearing his St. Patties jersey around. I guess I was wrong.
    Thanks again for clearing this up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast