Couple Of Quick Questions

Awesome feature - can't believe I'm just now starting to use it. I've seen versions of these questions, but not exact, so I figure I would ask.

1. Is it not possible to use images that are already in the database for cards in my collection, or if I want to use an image do I always have to upload my own?

2. I know we can't do a bulk add of images, but what about multiple selections of cards to add in the inventory at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker 88 View Post
    Awesome feature - can't believe I'm just now starting to use it. I've seen versions of these questions, but not exact, so I figure I would ask.

1. Is it not possible to use images that are already in the database for cards in my collection, or if I want to use an image do I always have to upload my own?

2. I know we can't do a bulk add of images, but what about multiple selections of cards to add in the inventory at one time?
    1 - The goal of showing your cards in the inventory is just that. Showing some else cards can be misleading if you end up trading for them. I want to see the card I will get and not some else cards. At least that is how I see it. What you upload is really up to you but if I trade for them, the image I see is the card I will get. Card condition is the main reason. Also memorabilia and serial would be VERY misleading. This is why it's not coded to allow this.

2 - You can do this for per cardsets only. You can use the card set search and once on the set page, use the multi action combobox to set all cards to 1 quantity and then use the header check box to select all cards and select the multiple cards edit in the action combobox to edit it like in a excel sheet kind of.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

[QUOTE=CoolHandLuke;11385675]1 - The goal of showing your cards in the inventory is just that. Showing some else cards can be misleading if you end up trading for them. I want to see the card I will get and not some else cards. At least that is how I see it. What you upload is really up to you but if I trade for them, the image I see is the card I will get. Card condition is the main reason. Also memorabilia and serial would be VERY misleading. This is why it's not coded to allow this. [QUOTE=CoolHandLuke;11385675]

What if you just wanted to display it, not for the sake of trading, just to show a picture of that card? Wouldn't it be ok to have use of someone's other card that is already on file? Just a thought. Also, when it comes to serial numbers, is there a place to input what serial number you have for that particular card? I may have missed it......thanks man.
    Last edited by TooMuchBuffness; 08-21-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: quote is inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchBuffness View Post
    What if you just wanted to display it, not for the sake of trading, just to show a picture of that card? Wouldn't it be ok to have use of someone's other card that is already on file? Just a thought. Also, when it comes to serial numbers, is there a place to input what serial number you have for that particular card? I may have missed it......thanks man.
    Not sure what your first question is really? where do you want to display it, on the forum, is so just open the image in a new window using the right button of the mouse and grab the address in the browser to link to the image. Should have a link similar to this:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...432988/normal/

As for serial number the inventory is not base per card by per unique card. This mean for one unique card like :
    2007-08 The Cup #189 Carey Price, this card as a print run of 99 and you may have more then one since we have a quantity field you could own three of them. Also the inventory is free and this is why we minimise information we store to the bare minimum so we can afford to host it for free.

In the storefront, a field is already existing so you can specify the print run so eventually if you want to sell the card, the serial field possible grade and grading company will be possible to enter these, but not plan for the inventory that is totaly free and no publicity either. SO I planned for a very light inventory system but still do quite of lot since we link them to the main card database.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

You answered the first question and didn't even know what I was saying lol, kudos man. Yeah i was just saying on show on the forum. Nothing big. I totally get your reasoning on the serial numbering. I'm not complaining or saying anything bad about the inventory, just asking a question. Think this is the coolest inventory system I have ever seen and I totally appreciate being able to use it for free. Keep up the good work on it man.