Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What happened to Jesus from age 12 to 30?

I was reading something on another website and someone bought up an interesting point. As most of us know the bible only talks about Jesus from birth to age 12 then he disapears and returns around the age of 30 until his death. No one can account for the time in his life from age 12 to 30. Someone suggested that he studied budism and hinduism during that timeframe. Now before ya'll start laughing at me for bring it up can any of you prove what happened to him during that timeframe? Ok then. Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Since all opinions are equally valid (because if you cant prove something then nothing is more likely than anything else) I will go with abducted by aliens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Since all opinions are equally valid (because if you cant prove something then nothing is more likely than anything else) I will go with abducted by aliens.

So maybe those Scientologists are on to something afterall???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I like to think that Jesus opened up a very successful chain of frozen yogurt shops.

Edit: If so, I really hope he named them "Sweet Jesus!"

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey everyone is entitled to his opinion as far fetched as it may be but it wouldn't surprise me if he did read up on budism, hinduism, etc. If you study some of the ancient religions their basic message is very similiar to what the bible teaches.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This subject has been brought up multiple times. Some people say that during that time frame he just acted like a regular man....maybe drinking, doing stuff that the churches would not want people to know. Reason why, if they ever find some evidence the church is going to protect the image and make sure that the informaption does not comes out

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

This subject has been brought up multiple times. Some people say that during that time frame he just acted like a regular man....maybe drinking, doing stuff that the churches would not want people to know. Reason why, if they ever find some evidence the church is going to protect the image and make sure that the informaption does not comes out

except that numerous times in the bible we see him doing regular stuff like drinking.

SCF Rewards
    Country

except that numerous times in the bible we see him doing regular stuff like drinking.

I was actually reading one particular theory a while back that believed he was actually married and fathered children.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was just giving an example, it could have been different other stuff that the church weould not want people to know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the bible only consists of what the church deems as needed, so you would have to supply his birth, following, and death.
    there are some works that try to explain this era, but they have long been deemed not to be authentic by the church and scholars. also the bible is not really about jesus, but about christianity, obviously he is christianity but him taking a dump doesn't have a lot to do with the religion, thus why make the book any bigger by adding a bunch of stuff not relevant to the church's idea of being a christian

there has been tales of him studying in egypt, going to asia-minor, greece, and much more.

all religions share certain aspects of the spirit, but that does not mean someone had to study it from another culture to learn about it

the simplest idea would be he did what most jewish boys that age did, worked, studied the tora and other jewish works. he had plenty of sisters and brothers, so i am sure he had much to do, just to keep up chores.

i would be much more curious as to how he was affected by being the mesiah and knowing his fate. how he interacted with his family and friends, with jewish leaders and sinners.

if you think he is not the real mesiah it would be easy to say he studied various religions and was a smart man, he used this to say he was the christ. but to know you will die a bad death by claiming this does not seem logical to me.

if you think he never existed then you can point out the missing information and use it as a fact to prove it is all fake.

if you do believe him to be your savior then these things should bring up wonder and speculation, but you have already showed your faith by accepting him, so the rest is kind of easy to accept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast