Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinking on the job??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dude, I teach high school alternative education. If ANYBODY needs a drink on the job, it is me

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dude, I teach high school alternative education. If ANYBODY needs a drink on the job, it is me

Seriously though although we often disagree on a lot of things politically I must take my hat off to you as a educator. You have the world's most important profession. Without people like you there would be no doctors, lawyers, ball players, soldiers, police officers or anything else. If I ever saw you in person drinks would be on me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think we agree on a lot more than you realize. Capital punishment, gun ownership, abortion, drug testing for welfare recipients...there are several others that we have had the same position on that slips my mind now. Other than like 2 or 3 issues we pretty much have the same views.

And ya never know, I may find myself in ATL and need that drink ;)

I have no fantasies that my current students will be doctors, lawyers or law enforcement. If I can just keep them from dropping out and becoming a crime stat or a lifelong welfare recipient then I will have accomplished something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think we agree on a lot more than you realize. Capital punishment, gun ownership, abortion, drug testing for welfare recipients...there are several others that we have had the same position on that slips my mind now. Other than like 2 or 3 issues we pretty much have the same views.

And ya never know, I may find myself in ATL and need that drink ;)

I have no fantasies that my current students will be doctors, lawyers or law enforcement. If I can just keep them from dropping out and becoming a crime stat or a lifelong welfare recipient then I will have accomplished something.

You never know. In the words of Jesse Jackson "Keep hope alive!"

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

We have a management suite in our office with a fully stocked bar, 60 inch TV, fireplace, comfortable furniture, full bath with a shower and a patio. It's not uncommon to have a drink or two during the day if there is a "sporting event" being shown during the day. For the most part it is used by the two partners, their executive assistants and myself. Occassionally we let the odd agent in. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

We have a management suite in our office with a fully stocked bar, 60 inch TV, fireplace, comfortable furniture, full bath with a shower and a patio. It's not uncommon to have a drink or two during the day if there is a "sporting event" being shown during the day. For the most part it is used by the two partners, their executive assistants and myself. Occassionally we let the odd agent in. :)

Dang. If I move up to Canada, I'm coming to work for your firm. There better be a Tim Horton's nearby. What am I saying? It's Canada, of course there's a Tim Hortons close by.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'm drunk right now!!!

Before my company was bought by a much larger company it was a regular thing that people had some drinks from time to time during work or at lunch. Some people had beer fridges in their offices. Before I started, which was 13 years ago, they used to do a second tuesdays event in the afternoon where they would bring in a keg of beer and have some wine. It was rumored to have been axed due to one employees lack of the ability to know when to say when. Apparently he got pretty wasted.

Since the current company bought us they've cracked down on that sort of thing. I'd also think a lot of that comes from insurance liabilities as well. If an employee got drunk at work and drove home and caused an accident the company could end up getting sued. I think the combination of that and the fact that we were bought by a much larger company are factors to why they weeded that out. Typically I'd say that employers that allow alcohol on premises tend to be smaller companies and the owners can personally monitor the situations.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Dang. If I move up to Canada, I'm coming to work for your firm. There better be a Tim Horton's nearby. What am I saying? It's Canada, of course there's a Tim Hortons close by.

We actually have 3 Tim Hortons on the street all within a 2 minute walk of each other. lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I'm drunk right now!!!

Before my company was bought by a much larger company it was a regular thing that people had some drinks from time to time during work or at lunch. Some people had beer fridges in their offices. Before I started, which was 13 years ago, they used to do a second tuesdays event in the afternoon where they would bring in a keg of beer and have some wine. It was rumored to have been axed due to one employees lack of the ability to know when to say when. Apparently he got pretty wasted.

Since the current company bought us they've cracked down on that sort of thing. I'd also think a lot of that comes from insurance liabilities as well. If an employee got drunk at work and drove home and caused an accident the company could end up getting sued. I think the combination of that and the fact that we were bought by a much larger company are factors to why they weeded that out. Typically I'd say that employers that allow alcohol on premises tend to be smaller companies and the owners can personally monitor the situations.

When I got out of school and started my first job back in 1987, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that when the office went out for lunch at a local watering hole on Fridays, they weren't coming back. I only ever missed one Friday lunch and that was the first one, when I didn't know better and found myself working by myself all afternoon. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast