Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Freedom of Speech Under Fire? Nugent Meeting With Secret Service

Let me say up front that I undertsand that what Nugent said may be taken as a bit offensive by liberals. However, what has our country come to when this minor of a comment warrants attention and a visit from the Secret Poli...uh, Secret Service?

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_...ed-nugent?lite

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cmo5885's Items on eBay

Liberals? or anyone with a bit of common sense? You cant make reference to decapitating the president and not expect a visit from some sort of government official.

Freedom of speech is not all encompassing, this isnt a point of liberal vs conservative, or his rights being infringed on, its a simple point of if you talk about assassinating the president the government will have a chat with you.

I respect the fact that you may not like the idea of someone repressing your rights but do you plan to allude to murdering the president anytime soon specifically on a national platform? If not then you have no worries

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He didn't talk about assasinating the president.

"We need to ride into the battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

Nowhere does that say anything about killing the president or assasinating anyone. Even a person with basic language skills can comprehend that he was speaking metaphorically.
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cmo5885's Items on eBay

Playing coy is all well and good but when you say "we need to ride into the battlefield and chop their heads off in november" and it is directed the POTUS You are going to have a chat with some men in nice suits.

While i dont know how much you like or dislike the president i think i can safely say you dont think he should be assassinated, and by people of ted nugent's stature saying the things he did you run the risk of inciting a fringe group to do something drastic, thus the meeting ole ted is having with the government.

I dont think the edit was necessary questioning my reading comprehension, not only was my response articulate and to the point it didn't belittle you or anyone else, i think i deserve the same respect.
    Last edited by Afrank45; 04-19-2012 at 12:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

A couple of years ago when your good ole buddy gwb was in office Eminem made a song where he pretty much said forget rapping for dead presidents I would rather see the president.....you know what I mean. Wouldn't you know the secret service came knocking at his door.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Playing coy is all well and good but when you say "we need to ride into the battlefield and chop their heads off in november" and it is directed the POTUS You are going to have a chat with some men in nice suits.

While i dont know how much you like or dislike the president i think i can safely say you dont think he should be assassinated, and by people of ted nugent's stature saying the things he did you run the risk of inciting a fringe group to do something drastic, thus the meeting ole ted is having with the government.

I dont think the edit was necessary questioning my reading comprehension, not only was my response articulate and to the point it didn't belittle you or anyone else, i think i deserve the same respect.

I wasn't questioning your reading comprehension. Sorry if you took it that way. I was making a general statement that the Secret Service should be able to recognize it was a metaphorical statement and not waste time visiting Nugent.

I understand that Nugent is a prominent person and needs to be careful of what he says, I just think that much more is being made of what he said than is needed. I have no belief whatsoever that he literally was endorsing killing anyone and I don't think that anyone who is being logical will think that he was either.

A couple of years ago when your good ole buddy gwb was in office Eminem made a song where he pretty much said forget rapping for dead presidents I would rather see the president.....you know what I mean. Wouldn't you know the secret service came knocking at his door.

Eminem made a direct statement that he would like to see the president dead. Nugent made no statement about killing the president or anyone else. The difference between the two is pretty obvious.

Additionally, I can find no reference that he was visited by the SS. I see where they looked into the lyrics but I don't see where he was actually visited by the SS.
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I wasn't offended by what nugent said and in no way thought that he was actually going to try to attack the president. At this point nugent is pretty irrelevant and these sort of things help keep him in the public eye so to speak. I think a meeting with the secret service is a complete waste of time for both him and the secret service.

Nugent was just using the tired metaphor to war and or battle.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so does the SS (hum coincidence) have to leave their hookers to visit ted? and would they not rather have an idiot an a horse with a sword attack, then lets say a motor vehicle and guns?

between the hookers and ted, do they have time for anything else?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Why do people even pay attention to Ted Nugent?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

he's got a big mouth and money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast