Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

The first amendment does not protect the rights of free speech of just individuals. It protects all speech as long as is it not inflammatory or inciting a riot.

Quite right. I don't see where they are saying that they can't still express themselves by donating to campaigns.

The simple fact is that the goal of this legislation is to limit the vocie of the pople who can not afford to run ads themselves, who do not have their own TV show and who do not have a network of news agencies at their disposal.

To me the goal seems to be the exact opposite of this. It sounds to me like they are trying to reduce the amount of monetary influence corporations (special interest groups) can have.

What this would do is make it illegal for me and a couple of friends with similar ideas to pool our funds and print up posters, run a radio ad or buy a TV ad. Since we would not be doing it as individuals we would be in violation of this attempted amendment.

I don't think this would make it illegal for a couple of friends to do any of those things. The language in the amendment refers specifically to corporations or incorporated entities. A few guys with similar political beliefs hanging flyers is not a corporation unless you file to make it one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country

+1

Corporations have a right to influence their business environments...they also have a right to take their business to another country if their business environment isn't satisfactory. The people all for increased regulations on corporations are the same ones who blame corporations for moving overseas...you can't have it both ways.

The problem is they have way too much influence in this country. Certainly they have more influence than the people of the country.

Businesses move out of this country because they are forced to act ethically. But don't forget they don't move their stores out of the country. Nike hasn't stopped selling their products here. They just stopped manufacturing them here. I mean why manufacture shoes here with American workers who have to be paid proper wages, treated respectably, be provided with safe work environments, and all that other pesky profit hurting silliness? After all you can always pay Malaysian children to make them for 2$ a day.

That's why all that "job creators" talk is so funny to me. If those "job creators" really cared about the country they would sacrifice a little profit to keep American workers employed. They could solve the ecomomic issues right now if they were willing to put just a bit of their greed to the side. Here's how: Make it so when I call a company to help me solve an issue with their product I don't get some guy named "Danny" who sounds about as english as a rupee.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

The problem is they have way too much influence in this country. Certainly they have more influence than the people of the country.

Businesses move out of this country because they are forced to act ethically. But don't forget they don't move their stores out of the country. Nike hasn't stopped selling their products here. They just stopped manufacturing them here. I mean why manufacture shoes here with American workers who have to be paid proper wages, treated respectably, be provided with safe work environments, and all that other pesky profit hurting silliness? After all you can always pay Malaysian children to make them for 2$ a day.

That's why all that "job creators" talk is so funny to me. If those "job creators" really cared about the country they would sacrifice a little profit to keep American workers employed. They could solve the ecomomic issues right now if they were willing to put just a bit of their greed to the side. Here's how: Make it so when I call a company to help me solve an issue with their product I don't get some guy named "Danny" who sounds about as english as a rupee.

Of course, always resort to the media lie of "Malaysian children making $2 a day" in order to ignore the actual facts of companies taking their good paying jobs from America to other countries because the federal regulations and mandates are the true reason it's cheaper to do business elsewhere. Corporations would be happy to stay in America, in fact they would prefer it. It takes ridiculous amounts of money to uproot entire manufacturing facilities, supply chains, etc, move them overseas, and essentially start from scratch, not to mention leaving home and moving to a foreign land. Any savings in wages barely puts a dent in the moving bill. Corporate greed is static and has been for hundreds of years...they're in business to make money and that will never change. The difference in recent years is the government's greed. In a number of industries, the number of government employees outnumber private sector employees. And federal workers earn about 16% more than their private sector counterparts. And the government is inserting itself into more and more areas of corporate and private lives. Business is still business, same as it ever was...that hasn't changed, it's the level of government interference that has changes and that is what is driving companies elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would put anything past those people.

I made up a Christmass song a few years ago and my kids sing it today.
    OK Nacy take this
    Dashing through the snow
    In a big black limozeine
    Over the hills they go
    Spending my money while I scream

Jingle bells Polosi smells,
    Barney laid an egg,
    The Obama Mobile list its wheel
    And Hillary ran away
    Hurray!!

Maybe I should send my song to Ray Stevens.LOL

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

After reading a little more, if I understand correctly, this amendment is ONLY targeting SuperPACs, non-profits and special interest groups. According to this it doesn't even limit corporations.

http://freespeechforpeople.org/node/201

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

The whole goal of the liberals supporting this is to stifle the voice of corporate interest. Why would a "corporate controlled Congress" vote to stop themselves from speaking out?

I wish I could answer that. But they do it all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country

Of course, always resort to the media lie of "Malaysian children making $2 a day" in order to ignore the actual facts of companies taking their good paying jobs from America to other countries because the federal regulations and mandates are the true reason it's cheaper to do business elsewhere. Corporations would be happy to stay in America, in fact they would prefer it. It takes ridiculous amounts of money to uproot entire manufacturing facilities, supply chains, etc, move them overseas, and essentially start from scratch, not to mention leaving home and moving to a foreign land. Any savings in wages barely puts a dent in the moving bill. Corporate greed is static and has been for hundreds of years...they're in business to make money and that will never change. The difference in recent years is the government's greed. In a number of industries, the number of government employees outnumber private sector employees. And federal workers earn about 16% more than their private sector counterparts. And the government is inserting itself into more and more areas of corporate and private lives. Business is still business, same as it ever was...that hasn't changed, it's the level of government interference that has changes and that is what is driving companies elsewhere.

Do you mean federal mandates like making sure companies pay their employees a livable wage and provide a safe work environment? Or are you talking about them having to pay a fair amount of taxes on the huge profits they make? I'm not sure what the number of private or federal employees have to do with this either?

As far as foreign workers being treated like crap in sweat shops and such I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I won't claim to be an authority on the subject but what I do know is that American companies don't have to treat foreign employees the way they have to treat American employees. I understand that maybe you think the media is just a lie machine but the exploitation of foreign workers has been fairly well documented. If you want to believe it's an out and out lie then be my guest. It doesn't make it true.

As for your assertion that American businesses would prefer to stay in America I'll say maybe. But more realistically I don't think they care where they have to manufacture the product as long as they're making their profits. It's not like this mass migration of manufacturing is something that is just happening now. It's been going on since the 1970's.

And even if those federal mandates and regulations do cut into profits, those profits are still going to be there. Like I said if these business people really cared about America's economy and American people they would keep the jobs here and take a profit cut. Truthfully though if they kept the jobs here more people would be employed meaning they would have more money to buy a companies' products meaning profits would rise meaning everybody benefits. But of course the problem is that no matter how much money a company makes it's never enough and they always need more. So you can say it's all the federal governments fault if you like but I think you're ignoring the obvious factor of simple corporate greed.

I sincerely believe that a lot of our economic problems could be greatly eased by American companies bringing those jobs back to America. But to corporate America that profit sacrifice isn't worth keeping Americans employed, thereby helping to keep our economy weak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12