Why does some inserts have and others have not?

WHY DO..... does...../sheesh

Some insert sets for example track by full card number.

1992 Wild Card Stat Smashers SS-##

So if I look up Dan Marino SS10 It takes me to his card.

However I have found some do not. For example:

1993 Skybox Premium Thunder and Lightning

If I look for Dan Marino TL3 it does not give me a hit.

The only reason I ask this is if I look for Dan Marino card #10 the Stat Smasher will not come up. So I have to sometimes look 2 or more times for one card.
    Last edited by Aknot; 04-20-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: making fun of my own grammer.. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

It is due to how the checklist information was originally listed before we add it to the site. Since there are put together from many different sources, the information we get may not always list the letters before the numbers printed on the back of the card.

Hidden Content
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!

Carl: 567/3560 not including 1/1's (15.9%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 23/87 (26.4%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

Thanks for the quick reply!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Howdy, i went thru that process trying to get them to add the letters to the card #s but no luck, guess they want to keep the wrong listings others use in their inventories or whatever so as not to confuse anyone, but maybe those other listings would change also if enough people that see them correctly listed here & asked about the errors listed there ?!?!?
    Someday they are going to add cards to the OPG here with front & backs & MAAAAANY wont match the listings cause of missing letters, theres some scanning backs for the inventory, myself incl. that dont match the listings now
    One can only hope when they do add the backs to the OPG here they will change the listings so they actually match the card # but im NOT holding my breath
    Still the only place i deal at tho...

The "i sure tried" Tyrant
    Howdy, I mainly coll. Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Danica & Walter Payton, Peace from Jupiter !!

If you're going to bring up ebay, dont bother responding

I collect cards with a US flag on them or US flag themed, Santa cards, cards in my PC of drivers & players that I don't collect will have a flag somewhere on it

My Space Coll., Spiderman & Wolverines, & My Creations can be seen here: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantlovesNascar View Post
    Howdy, i went thru that process trying to get them to add the letters to the card #s but no luck, guess they want to keep the wrong listings others use in their inventories or whatever so as not to confuse anyone, but maybe those other listings would change also if enough people that see them correctly listed here & asked about the errors listed there ?!?!?
    Someday they are going to add cards to the OPG here with front & backs & MAAAAANY wont match the listings cause of missing letters, theres some scanning backs for the inventory, myself incl. that dont match the listings now
    One can only hope when they do add the backs to the OPG here they will change the listings so they actually match the card # but im NOT holding my breath
    Still the only place i deal at tho...

The "i sure tried" Tyrant
    Adding letter to card number is really not always possible, when each sport section have the time, they do it, if not they don't. We have to live with the fact manufacturer do not always provide them to us. So card number is not always accurate but when you do not find it, it easy enough to find card using the set name and other attribute.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 04-24-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect