Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Iowa woman says bar discriminated against her because of weight

She's a little on the plus size but still an attractive woman:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?ref=topbar
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

She can claim no right to dance on a platform or stage in a privately owned business.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

it's a bar, i am sure she was humiliated (and that sucks) but move on, find something better to do.

and if your so called friends are still doing it and going there, then are they really friends?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugatu471's Items on eBay

Can you be discriminated for something you can control?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Not all people can really control their weight. I know people with glandular issues that exercise and eat right, but are still heavy.

And I know this may seem callous, but maybe the bar didn't want to risk a lawsuit. Naturally, I've never been to that bar and therefore aren't familiar with the "platforms" being talked about, but maybe they aren't built to hold that much weight. If the bar were to let her dance on it, and if it were to break and she'd be injured, then you better believe they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. I definitely don't agree with how they went about telling this girl she couldn't dance, but they may have only been watching out for their own legal well-being.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugatu471's Items on eBay

Not all people can really control their weight. I know people with glandular issues that exercise and eat right, but are still heavy.

And I know this may seem callous, but maybe the bar didn't want to risk a lawsuit. Naturally, I've never been to that bar and therefore aren't familiar with the "platforms" being talked about, but maybe they aren't built to hold that much weight. If the bar were to let her dance on it, and if it were to break and she'd be injured, then you better believe they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. I definitely don't agree with how they went about telling this girl she couldn't dance, but they may have only been watching out for their own legal well-being.

If they have some sort of disease or something like that, I completely retract what I said. The article doesn't mention anything so it doesn't appear she does. And exactly, there is no "right" to dance on the bar.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If that is the case the bar shouldn't let anyone dance there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

first off why do you need to control it? if you want to be heavy, fat, or super huge, that is your business (and no i am not heavy at all).

and what standard do you use? BMI? it's junk, or is it how you should appear do to pop culture? we even have CDC researchers, studies, and doctors saying fat does not have to equal bad health.

now of course many overweight people do not exercise and here is where the problem lies. being skinny and no exercise is just as bad, if not worse, than being fat and not exercising.

would it be ok if she was skinny and ugly and not allowed on stage because of her looks?

SCF Rewards
    Country

She can claim no right to dance on a platform or stage in a privately owned business.

Exactly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

first off why do you need to control it? if you want to be heavy, fat, or super huge, that is your business (and no i am not heavy at all).

and what standard do you use? BMI? it's junk, or is it how you should appear do to pop culture? we even have CDC researchers, studies, and doctors saying fat does not have to equal bad health.

now of course many overweight people do not exercise and here is where the problem lies. being skinny and no exercise is just as bad, if not worse, than being fat and not exercising.

would it be ok if she was skinny and ugly and not allowed on stage because of her looks?

Not at all. However, being ugly (to my knowledge at least), does not have the ability to break a platform. Being overweight does.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast