Thread: Steal of the Month #32
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM #1
Steal of the Month #32
Please read the rules carefully as the Hockey Staff will look to be doing this contest on a Monthly basis.
1. Contest begins at 12:00am EST May 1 and runs until 11:59pm EST May 31. Only auctions won during that time will be accepted for entry! And... Entries will be accepted until June 1, 11:59pm. ***Please only enter wins from the listed dates.***
2. Three (3) auctions per member per month. If a member submits more than three entries for the month, only the first three will be considered. (Please edit your wins into one post). The auction needs to be on single cards, not on a box of cards. Choose wisely! (Hockey only, please check the other sports for a similar contest)
3. Post a link to your Ebay auction win.
4. The Ebay user ID in your SCF profile MUST match the user ID of the winning bidder!
**I will not chase people to make sure that there Ebay Profile is set up properly on SCF. If your ID is not set up your entry will not be accepted. So please make sure you are good to go. If you do not know how to setup your Ebay user ID in your SCF profile, feel free to contact me but I will not chase people down to make sure it is done.
5. Explain why you think your card is a steal. If it has a BV, let us know. You can even show previous auctions that ended to compare your win. Convince us!
6. The Hockey moderating team will vote on the winner. Winner will be announced after the votes are in and given 150cc into their account.
7. Member must be in good standing. Please refer to the SCF Rules page on infractions.
8. Please make sure that the auction you submit is not a private listing (where eBay IDs are not shown). Private listing auctions will not be accepted as winning bidder user IDs cannot be verified.
SCF staff cannot participate in this contest.
Card Cash (CC) can be used for purchasing cards from our Card Cash store, purchasing cards from Card Cash auctions, purchasing cards from other members, playing SCF arcade games, and for betting.
Last Month's Winner is: nyr4life
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM #2
I won a card for a steal of a price that would more than qualify for a steal of the month but I'm not sure if it would qualify for this month.
The item ended on April 28th but I didn't get it until today. since it ended in April am I out of luck for this month? When I bought it in April there would be no way of knowing it was a steal since it was a dare to tear and had no idea what was in it but when I got it today and opened it there was a giant of a card inside of it.
05-07-2012, 10:55 PM #3
05-14-2012, 08:56 PM #4
05-14-2012, 09:00 PM #5
05-16-2012, 10:47 PM #6
05-17-2012, 07:12 PM #7
Major PC: Tyler Seguin and Jordan Caron
Minor PC: Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Giroux, Datsyuk, Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, RNH, Landeskog, Larsson
Tyler Seguin PC (not including 1/1's) - 39/459 (8.5%)
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM #8
Here are my steals for the month in no particular order
1995-96 Be A Player Autographs Die-Cut #S1 Brett Hull BV 37.50
* saved on shipping with three other cards purchased from this seller
2006-07 ITG Ultimate Memorabilia Raised To The Rafters Jersey #8 Milt Schmidt /25 BV 50.00
* cheap shipping only made this one sweeter
2001-02 Topps Reserve #115 Ilya Kovalchuk /1599 RC [PSA 9]
* BV 20.00 without the nice grade
05-26-2012, 01:00 AM #9
I'll submit this one:
Evgeni Malkin 1/1 pack pulled card for $50.
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM #10
#3: 54/55 Topps, Decent shape, $3.01 DLVD
#2: Huge PC steal, if you haven't seen his stats yet, GO NOW. He's an amazingly talented defenseman.
#1:<$4 for Star Player, Gold Spotlight /10 *WOW*
THE JAY BOUWMEESTER COLLECTOR
Tradelist: Hidden Content