Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Will the US ever have an atheist President?

Barack Obama tore down a lot of barriers on his way to being the first African-American President. Mitt Romney, if he were to be elected, would forever change the religious landscape of the Presidency. So to me, it kind of begged a question.

Could we ever elect an atheist President?

My gut says no. We live in a nation where freedom of religion is a core value, but where freedom of non-religion is shrouded in judgement. I'm not an atheist, but I think that as a group, they tend to be unfairly judged. I know atheists who are kinder and more generous that most Christians. I don't vote for candidates based on their religious beliefs whatsoever: I don't care if they are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, whatever. But I think I'm in the minority on this.

So what do you all think?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I would vote for an atheist over any right wing religious nut like santorum in a heartbeat.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Absolutely we could, given the rate moral society is deteriorating. Nobody running as an avowed atheist will win any time soon, but someone who is an actual atheist claiming to be a Christian could win.

Haven't we already had an atheist President?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely we could, given the rate moral society is deteriorating. Nobody running as an avowed atheist will win any time soon, but someone who is an actual atheist claiming to be a Christian could win.

Haven't we already had an atheist President?

We have not. Many of the founding fathers were thought to be deists, but there's never really been an atheist in the office.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Yes, someday you will have an Atheist president. It will take many generations before it happens and the US as you know it will no longer exist, but you will have one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, someday you will have an Atheist president. It will take many generations before it happens and the US as you know it will no longer exist, but you will have one.

That's a pretty cryptic statement.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

cool, can you get me next weeks loto numbers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I won't say no, but I think it will be a very long time. I really don't care about a politicians religious beliefs as long as he doesn't use them to restrict citizens from having the same rights as others.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

cool, can you get me next weeks loto numbers?

C'mon man. Do you know how many lottos there are going on at any one time. Be a little more specific and I will FedEx them to you pronto.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

That's a pretty cryptic statement.

That statement refers to the current "religious" status of the US. The rest of the world, with the exception of the Muslim states, is becoming more secular with every generation. The US appears to be the slowest of western countries following this path but it will happen eventually.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast