Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Spirit Airlines to charge $100 for overhead bins

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/new...st/2230313199/

There's a reason why they are considered the worst airline out there!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only flew Spirit once and that was like 6 yrs ago and never looked back to them. I only fly Jet Blue or Air Tran right now since theya re the cheaper ones out there with a pretty good service.

Spirit also has that issue going on right now with the veteran guy that could not fly because of doctors orders and he is trying to get his money back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I've only ever flown Spirit but $100 for an overhead bin you gotta be kidding me.

Looks like its time to find a new airline.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After the announcement and the "irrelevant" quote that the CEO used for his customer's complaint, their stock droped 5%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I've never even heard of Spirit Airlines until this story.

Why would someone play $100. How much does it cost to check a bag on Spirit. Normal prices for those how charge are around $25-$35. $100 seems way too high. I usually carry a backpack when I travel and never put my bag up above. I like to keep it down under the seat. Although I'm not one of those people who carry large bags on and try to shove them into the overhead bins. It is fun to watch them though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only flew Spirit once and that was like 6 yrs ago and never looked back to them. I only fly Jet Blue or Air Tran right now since theya re the cheaper ones out there with a pretty good service.

Spirit also has that issue going on right now with the veteran guy that could not fly because of doctors orders and he is trying to get his money back.

I stick with JetBlue too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never even heard of Spirit Airlines until this story.

Why would someone play $100. How much does it cost to check a bag on Spirit. Normal prices for those how charge are around $25-$35. $100 seems way too high. I usually carry a backpack when I travel and never put my bag up above. I like to keep it down under the seat. Although I'm not one of those people who carry large bags on and try to shove them into the overhead bins. It is fun to watch them though.

They are up and coming. They market themselves as the ultra low cost carrier. They used to have .01 fares.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

A couple of points here:

I have never heard of SPirit until now. I fly American for personal and United for Military.

AND

I would never fly on an airline that charges me a fair of .01. Nothing good comes from that.. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Crazy!!!

I've never flown with Spirit before, and after hearing this, I'll make sure that that continues.