Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question What do you do with your Common Cards?

I use to keep them in huge boxes until a local hosipital was collecting cards to give to kids in the children's hosipital.

I went in there and gave them a couple boxes of commons and they were so thankful. They couldn't believe all those cards came from 1 person.

Whenever I get commons I just keep them in a box until it gets full and then I make another stop at the hospital.

It's a win-win situation. I get rid of cards I don't want that are taking up space and the kids at the hospital enjoy going through the cards.

So what does everybody else do with their common cards?

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

That is a good idea... I just have tons of 3200 count boxes full sitting in the spare bedroom.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

My buddy and I when we were young used to collect commons and play a game with them. We'd throw them in a box and pull them out at random. We'd then use 5 statistics (avg, HR's, RBI's, SB's, and as a loser category, most strikeouts). The winner would get both cards and then whoever had the least ammount of cards at the end had to pay for ice cream. Now since I really don't have many, I just throw them away.

SCF Rewards

pwaldo -- wow, now that's one FANTASTIC way to give joys to the kids at the hospital - Kudos to you!

I just stuff mine all in a large box.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Same here. I used to play a game with my friend where we would randomly select a card (common) and then take a shot in basketball. Whoever made the shot if the other missed would keep the card. Pretty cool. Kudos, pwaldo. That's real nice.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by podstock
    pwaldo -- wow, now that's one FANTASTIC way to give joys to the kids at the hospital - Kudos to you!

I just stuff mine all in a large box.

Yeah I use to keep them in large boxes as well then I was running out of so I wanted to get rid of them. Then I saw an ad in the newspaper saying they were looking for cards for the children's hospital. So I was like I'll just give them the cards. The cards were not worth the space and so I gave them the cards. I never would have thought of it if it wasn't for that ad though.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

I think it's great that you do that. Congrats.

Tim

FineBrian69
    Stick'em in a box that goes in the closet and never sees the light of day outside of adding more commons.

ebayej
    Throw commons away? Never do that someone will always find enjoyment, Unfornatatly there are no children hospitals around here that take cards so what i do is i keep um in boxes and then go through them a few years later and complete the sets it gives you something to do

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah the worst thing you can do is throw them away. You'll always find someone that wants them. People make sets with them or kids like to collect them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast