Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,936
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Um....I don't agree with Faux on anything....period!

    I can go as far as saying that most if not ALL news sources have some bias to them....

    However, no one has perfected the art of spin, bias, and flat out LYING as Fox News.

    I've been on so many arguments about them that I simply won't bother this time.

    I won't be discussing on this subject because I'm not going to bother reading a story from those people.
    That's fine. You don't really bring anything of substance to the discussion anyway.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    That's fine. You don't really bring anything of substance to the discussion anyway.
    Except facts and evidence when it comes to science discussions....

    And well thought out opinions when it comes to social issue discussions...


    But whatever, go ahead and keep on bashing Obama, the funny part is that I'm NOT one of his defenders.

    Although he still better than Mitt (LOL) Romney.

    Have fun with this discussion without me

  3. #13



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,397
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by theonedru View Post
    Thats what they lead people to believe, just like they say nuclear energy is clean and safe......
    What energy source would you say is more efficient than coal?
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  4. #14
    Why is everything these days A War on something???

    Is it me or did the article not really go into detail about what environmental controls have been put into place other than just naming the title of the rule? I haven't look into the Utility MACT rule very much, but seems like it's a rule that requires coal and oil-fired power plants to reduce emissions of mercury, other metallic toxics, acid gases, and organic air toxics.

    Now, I don't know if the increased regulations are actually effecting the air quality, but at some point air quality is an important issues as much as energy costs. In my opinion cost can't be the only factor in whether or not we get cleaner in our energy usage or not.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  5. #15


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,936
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    Why is everything these days A War on something???

    Is it me or did the article not really go into detail about what environmental controls have been put into place other than just naming the title of the rule? I haven't look into the Utility MACT rule very much, but seems like it's a rule that requires coal and oil-fired power plants to reduce emissions of mercury, other metallic toxics, acid gases, and organic air toxics.

    Now, I don't know if the increased regulations are actually effecting the air quality, but at some point air quality is an important issues as much as energy costs. In my opinion cost can't be the only factor in whether or not we get cleaner in our energy usage or not.
    The basic lay of the land is that there was nothing wrong with emission standards before the new regulations went into effect. Companies were already required to keep substance emissions at levels so low that they were rendered completely harmless. Now, they are required to implement new measures to make them even more completely harmless. A preposterous notion that is so transparent among the energy industry that it is obvious that their only real purpose is to drive up costs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    Why is everything these days A War on something???

    Is it me or did the article not really go into detail about what environmental controls have been put into place other than just naming the title of the rule? I haven't look into the Utility MACT rule very much, but seems like it's a rule that requires coal and oil-fired power plants to reduce emissions of mercury, other metallic toxics, acid gases, and organic air toxics.

    Now, I don't know if the increased regulations are actually effecting the air quality, but at some point air quality is an important issues as much as energy costs. In my opinion cost can't be the only factor in whether or not we get cleaner in our energy usage or not.
    You really need to stop making so much sense.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

  7. #17


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,936
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    The biggest problem of course is that CO2 emissions have to be substantially reduced, which is virtually impossible if you are burning coal. And to what end? Saving the world from global warming, which is highly debated at best and junk science at worst, since we don't even know how much effect man-made CO2 emissions have on global warming or that if we eliminated all of our CO2 emissions that it would even matter at the rate China and India are going.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  8. #18
    I didn't spend any time reading articles, I don't need to. People in my community are living it. Obama and his EPA are enacting restrictions and limitations that are killing the #1 industry in our state. 33,000 miners are now aware that their jobs are going to go away. The truck drivers, railways, shipping companies, coal distributors, and everyone else who has a job that depends on the coal industry are also aware that they will be handed a pink slip at some point. Some are estimating 60-80,000 jobs could be lost and an unemployment rate in excess of 30% is plausible if everything that Obama wants goes through.

    In addition, every other facet of our state is going to suffer. Without the tax base our schools will no longer be able to employ as many teachers, our public service departments will no longer be able to pay employees, our businesses will not be able to stay open with nobody to buy anything. Without these things people will begin moving away. This can already be seen in McDowell county where $200,000 homes sit empty, reposessed by the bank and unsold because nobody in the county can afford them. The county school system has nearly 20 unfilled teaching positions because nobody will live there and fill them. If you are driving into the county you better make sure you have a full tank because 40 miles between gas stations is common and it is along lonely walk between them.

    As a side effect of all of this, Obama's policies on coal are helping other countries improve their economy. With the knowledge that Obama has a goal of killing the coal industry, mine owners are getting out. Several coal mines in West Virginia have already been sold. A Russian company is buying them up for a cheap price and closing them. Why? Because coal in Russia is a big industry, if no coal is produced by our mines then their coal becomes more valuable. So Obama's coal policies are single-handedly turning Russians into wealthy people and pushing American's into poverty. Yup, he is a man of the people, just not West Virginian people.

    And the cold hard fact is this. Obama doesn't care. West Virginians are irrelevant to him. He could turn our state into a version of a 3rd world country and not blink an eye. We don't matter to him. He ignored us in the 2008 primary and never visited here one time. He ignored us in the 2008 general election and never visited here one time. To my knowledge, he still hasn't visited our state.

    In the grand scheme of things our vote doesn't matter to him. The electoral colege makes us a moot point in all but the closest of races. But one thing I do know is this, Obama will lose WV by a landslide this coming election. Even hardline liberals and life-long Democrats are saying "Anybody but Obama". I predict that this coming election may be the most lopsided presidential vote in the history of our state. To see how the people here feel about him one needs to look no further than our state's primary where over 40% of Democrats voted for a Texas prisoner rather than Obama. We love him just as much as he loves us.
    Last edited by duane1969; 05-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Because it's MUCH more efficient than any other viable alternative.
    Compared to what?
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    The basic lay of the land is that there was nothing wrong with emission standards before the new regulations went into effect. Companies were already required to keep substance emissions at levels so low that they were rendered completely harmless. Now, they are required to implement new measures to make them even more completely harmless. A preposterous notion that is so transparent among the energy industry that it is obvious that their only real purpose is to drive up costs.
    I can't really comment on the levels of cleaner air that would be gained by this as I haven't looked at any data and this is really the first thing that I've heard of this Act. I also have no knowledge on emissions before this act being completely harmless.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •