Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See storagefindsales's Items on eBay

self adhesive label "basics" help needed

Hey SCFers. My name is Jose. Im needing help with how to print custom self adhesive shipping lables using 3M Avery 3200-U shipping labels; says on box; same size as 8164 / 5164 (actual size 3 1/3 x 4) (I have found that those labels sizes will work for ALL of my shipping needs, including just a regular PWE. As long as I reduce to 60% of the standard label sizes that the computer automatically generates, this size will fit for all of my shipping needs.
    My local post office says that this would be okay to shrink the label size to fit an envelope as long as the label is clear and visible and the barcodes are not taped over or wrapped around sides.
    So im having difficulty getting one done successfully after following the directions. I've tries a few times different ways but im getting no luck with it.
    They're 6 labels per sheet. When I try using microsoft works, I get error messages saying they cannot open this type of file, etc. I tried saving as an image and that didn't help either.
    Knowledgable help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by will22clark; 05-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So you can't save it as a .jpeg image and resize that and then print it? That would be how I would do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

lemme check out a few things again
    Last edited by will22clark; 05-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just realized I can only use templates using microsoft word. I was trying with microsoft works. Maybe thats where im experiencing the problems. Is there a free download for that, do you know?
    Last edited by will22clark; 05-23-2012 at 02:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Check the Microsoft website or the manufacturer website of your printer. They may have some help there. You also may check the website of the company that produces the labels. In fact, I would check them first before Microsoft or the printer website.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the label manufacturer says microsoft word is the only program that can be used

I just downloaded a 60 free trial so I will know if this will fix the errors
    Last edited by will22clark; 05-23-2012 at 05:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im have not perfected it yet but am slowly getting there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am making progress with the free trial. I've done 6 practice prints. Sometimes they come out fair and sometimes not