Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Talking What other Hobbies do you have?

Hey guys, I'm a man with a few hobbies and i was wondering if anyone her was the same.

Also if anyone would like, explain why they are your hobbies. Was it something you grew up doing with your parents or friends? Was it something you saw on TV?

What are your best memories?

You don't have answer every question. Just write whatever flows.

New potential question; "what other hobbies/activities would you like to pursue in your future?

I'll start off with sportscards. For me I love sportscards because it was something introduced to me by my father since early childhood (i would like to say back in 1996). Still to this day (literally) I collect cards with my dad. I dont care how old we get, its something him and I will always enjoy.

One of my first cards purchased was a John Elway Rookie from my LCS. My best memory is back in 05' when I brought up a few thousand cards from storage and i spent around 7 hours (from night to sunrise) organizing all cards by sports>teams>players. Nonstop i might add. All i ate within those 7 hours was an entire loaf of toasted sliced white bread (I had and still have a HUGE love for bread). Organizing all those cards just displays my detailed and meticulous nature.

My second hobby is collecting comics. I have my elementary school Principal (I still remember his name) to thank for this. Back in 5th grade, my principal use to leave an entire box of his old school comics (mainly spiderman) and let kids take as many as they'd like. So before the beginning of my first class i use to run to his office and take a few. Then during lunch i use to raid his office again and lastly when school finished I attacked his office yet again lol. I still have all of those comics and although they are not rare (mainly 80's Web of & Spectacular Spider-man) they will never leave my possession.

Another hobby of mine is playing and collecting video games. This is something many kids grew up with. Regardless of your generation there as always been some form of games. I grew up with the sega genesis and the super nintendo. However as the years went by, games and systems got lost in translation. So today I purchase video games I use to have on all systems and play them every now and then (College and work detracts from my time to play). Thanks to my great memory I am able to remember everything I ever had and have purchased, along with when, where, why and who purchased them.

Pool/Billiards is another hobby of mine. It was a big part of my life back in my first years of college. I use to go to my student union and play everyone there in the tournaments. I started off as a rookie but with my drive and practice i wound up making it to the finals of my school tournament. Unfortunately, now that i attend college within my city rather than dorming far away, I have to pay to play pool so my skills have suffered. But what i love most about playing pool is that it allows me to focus and block everything out of my mind. Its just me and whatever ball i have to pot. I have literally played pool for 12+ hours straight so when i'm in the zone theres no such term as "stamina". My favorite player is Francisco Bustamante.

I also use to collect sneakers (Jordans and Dunks) but it was just a phase for me. Name a rare sneaker, odds are I had it. But after 5 years of collecting i decided to sell all my pairs back in 09'. I only have 3 left over from my major sell off. Looking back, it was a hobby i got into for the wrong reason and I am glad i dropped it.
    Last edited by redwingsfan11; 05-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    WANT: ROOKIE YEAR & JERSEY NUMBERED cards of Aho + Zetterberg + Kovalchuk + Datsyuk + Kopitar + Nash + Spezza + Zibanejad + F. Forsberg + Teravainen + Barkov + Huberdeau + Mantha + MORE

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Glad I am not the only one who has been hypnotized by sorting cards for hours. ;)

Nice thread idea. I share the video game hobby - loved the NES and SNES as a kid (1988-1992 and 1992-1996, respectively), didn't play games much except the occasional computer one from 1996-2008, and then got back in the hobby when my fiance gave me a PS2 in 2008. I re-bought the NES in 2009 to revisit some of my old childhood faves. If any of you ever play Tecmo Super Bowl against me, you will probably lose. :)

I also love reading research articles in my spare time. Health, grammar/language, and neuroscience are my three favorite areas to research because those subjects reveal a lot about how people live, think, and learn. I was the kind of nerd who would get excited whenever research projects were assigned in school.

I suppose music would qualify as a hobby even though I can't play it. It is by far my favorite of the arts as far as enjoyment goes; when hearing music I really like, my brain enters imaginative and inspiring states that are not quite comparable to any other life experience except perhaps dreaming. I am partial to strong beats, unusual time signatures, and minor keys, so progressive rock and trip-hop are two genres I like in particular; I also tend to like a lot of electronic acts who don't otherwise fit under the trip-hop umbrella. Favorite artists include DJ Shadow, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, Yes, King Crimson, DJ Krush, DJ Cam, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, and Vanessa Daou.

As part of the over-21 crowd, craft beer is another hobby. I'm partial to IPAs/DIPas, APAs, and Belgian styles. Brown ales are also good when I want something lighter.

Exercise is the other main one. I can work out for hours. Basketball, weightlifting, and running/walking are the stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See retrogames-n-electronics's Items on eBay

Other hobbies? I'm confused.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Royals St Louis Blues
    Twitter: @cool_vintage

I only have a few other hobbies.

I collect antiques. I saw a few TV shows (like American Pickers,American Restoration and similar shows) so that is what got me into collecting aniques.

I also play guitar in my free time, I'm not 100% sure what got me into playing but I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by cool-vintage; 05-25-2012 at 11:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Other hobbies? I'm confused.

HAHAHA!! This one can be quite consuming, for sure.

Lets see, other hobbies.

Probably my biggest is just being an insane Bronco fan. But that's gone WAY beyond just a hobby though. I'm sure many here can relate. Season tickets, clothes, cards, memorabilia, the list goes on & on..... Not to mention just following them. Although I don't try to it analyze anymore. Too many stories there to pick one.

I like to fish. I throw almost all of them back. Just love to go out in the little boat and drag a fly around a lake, or sit in my little chair on the ice, waiting for the big one. I need to get out soon.

I collect almost anything that catches my eye. One thing I like is foreign money. My parents travel a lot, and my dad always asks what I want from wherever they are going. Money! A few different bills, nothing big, and some change. I find foreign money very interesting.

And matches, which is getting harder and harder here at home in the USA. But around the world smoking is still acceptable, so he's able to bring me home a few matchbooks when he remembers.

I also like Billiards. I grew up with a table in my parents basement, and I still have it. I don't really play that much anymore though. My friends get tired of losing, haha. Tried to get my kids into it, but not much luck there. Never really played in bars much. Strangers have a way of taking losses badly. Especially drunk ones.

I always liked watching the ladies play. Ewa Mataya was my favorite. it would have been hard to concentrate playing her, lol.

If you have not yet done so, get your own cue, and get a good one! Take good care of it, and will return the favor.

I used to be a Trekkie. Before cards took over my life 20 years ago, haha. Still have a bunch of stuff, and once in a while will watch a rerun. And I still live my life by the ideals Gene Roddenberry envisioned for us, but it's hard in this age. I doubt we will ever live up to those ideals.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I like to hunt and fish... Me and a couple buddies hunt pretty much anything that is in season.. It is just something I have alwaysdne... Always been facinated by guns but not enough cash flow to collect them. I would love to get my hands on a couple civil war muskets or something like that. It isnt really a hobbybut I enjoy studying the stock market some. I get to spend a lot of my day at work reading over WSJ and other financial websites.... Pretty boring I know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Its great to hear some of your guys other interests. I've always wanted my own poolstick but its just a bit over my price range right now. But without a doubt I will get one in the future. And i know what you mean about Ewa, its like when you see her you have to do a double take.

I love reading research articles, mainly in the natural health field. It wasn't always like that but as i started to get older my interest towards natural health started to increase.

I have gone fishing once and it was awesome. I didn't catch anything lol but its something very simple to enjoy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I used to collect Knives, but that died out awhile ago. Still have a ton in storage and a case or 2 on display. I started that when I was real small.....
    Also dabbled in Pez dispensers and Garbage Pail kids cards when I was a kid.....I have hundreds at my folks house in storage now too. I sold my Star Wars and Trasformers collection when I had my daughter, so I don't collect them anymore. I did keep a few Star Wars though, the main characters...I use Yoda as my lucky charm when I play Poker. (Poker being another hobby that has died down...lol) I also kept the original Optimus Prime....he's my favorite toy from my childhood.... Every once in awhile I'll put Optimus on Display and within a day or 2 my wife will kidnapp and hide him!!

I'm a huge gamer, ....used to have Wii, PS3 and sometimes even played PC games, but Only Xbox 360 now...having a wife, kid and dog it's hard to play as much as I used too.

Still Play hoops 1-2 times a week, and mountain bike when I can. I love to go shooting whenever I get a chance. I don't own any guns anymore (other than my service weapon) so I just go to a local range and rent different types. Nothing like popping off a few rounds at a Zombie target to relieve some stress!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Snowboarding in the winter, baseball in the spring. Play pickup Basketball and Football a few times a week as well.

Used to be a "hardcore" gamer, but sold the Xbox no too long ago. Still a computer geek, as I'm working on my IT/Networking degree!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Its great to hear some of your guys other interests. I've always wanted my own poolstick but its just a bit over my price range right now. But without a doubt I will get one in the future. And i know what you mean about Ewa, its like when you see her you have to do a double take.

I love reading research articles, mainly in the natural health field. It wasn't always like that but as i started to get older my interest towards natural health started to increase.

I have gone fishing once and it was awesome. I didn't catch anything lol but its something very simple to enjoy.

The Striking Viking!

Oh, no, nothing distracting there. Imagine this at the other end of the table;

Nope! Not distracting at all.... lol

Speaking of Viking, That's what I have. Same one for just over 30 years. My "Striking Viking". They still make em, and a decent one can be had for under $200.

Which may seem a lot for a cue, I know, but, well, it makes a huge difference. Once you become comfortable with it....... your opponent better be good, or it's gonna be a bad day for him. Or her even! haha

I can't tell you how many days I have gotten bupkiss fishing. It can really suck to spend ten or so hours freezing your little behind off sitting out on the ice on a huge lake. Still it's a great time to think, and just enjoy the surroundings and friends.

There have been days where even a little Suckerfish is cause for great celebration, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast