Thread: Steal of the Month #34
07-04-2012, 09:35 AM #1
Steal of the Month #34
Please read the rules carefully as the Hockey Staff will look to be doing this contest on a Monthly basis.
1. Contest begins at 12:00am EST July 1 and runs until 11:59pm EST July 31. Only auctions won during that time will be accepted for entry! And... Entries will be accepted until August 1, 11:59pm. ***Please only enter wins from the listed dates.***
2. Three (3) auctions per member per month. If a member submits more than three entries for the month, only the first three will be considered. (Please edit your wins into one post). The auction needs to be on single cards, not on a box of cards. Choose wisely! (Hockey only, please check the other sports for a similar contest)
3. Post a link to your Ebay auction win.
4. The Ebay user ID in your SCF profile MUST match the user ID of the winning bidder!
**I will not chase people to make sure that there Ebay Profile is set up properly on SCF. If your ID is not set up your entry will not be accepted. So please make sure you are good to go. If you do not know how to setup your Ebay user ID in your SCF profile, feel free to contact me but I will not chase people down to make sure it is done.
5. Explain why you think your card is a steal. If it has a BV, let us know. You can even show previous auctions that ended to compare your win. Convince us!
6. The Hockey moderating team will vote on the winner. Winner will be announced after the votes are in and given 150cc into their account.
7. Member must be in good standing. Please refer to the SCF Rules page on infractions.
8. Please make sure that the auction you submit is not a private listing (where eBay IDs are not shown). Private listing auctions will not be accepted as winning bidder user IDs cannot be verified.
SCF staff cannot participate in this contest.
Card Cash (CC) can be used for purchasing cards from our Card Cash store, purchasing cards from Card Cash auctions, purchasing cards from other members, playing SCF arcade games, and for betting.
Last Month's Winner is: flopfish
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM #2
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM #3
07-16-2012, 01:03 PM #4
My steal of the month is a Pinnacle starting 6 jersey card, I won the card for 9.99 and it's also number 001/199 , so we all know that it's an Ebay 1/1, lol. Here is my auction and some comparable auctions of the same card that have sold for a lot more , including one on the same day for 24.99 which is below my auction win
07-18-2012, 07:16 AM #5
Just snagged not one but TWO Brayden McNabb FW RCs /999 for $5.25 SHIPPED!! May not seem like a huge steal but this product was only released like a week or so ago and his FWs have been selling in the $5-10 range EACH and the does NOT include shipping. I think this is a major steal because I basically got 2 of these for less than the average price of 1!
07-23-2012, 01:00 PM #6
*** user has requested that this post be removed ***
Last edited by ravens_creed; 08-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
07-26-2012, 10:21 PM #7
It took me awhile to match up to the ones I pulled off last month, but Titanium really helps me out! The most short printed rookie managed to fall into my hands at a very, well, steal of a price. These sell BIN at $100 no problem:
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM #8
2012 Parkhurst Champions Mini Autograph #21 Red Kelly -- $4 delivered
2002 Between the Pipes Goalie Gear #GG17 Mike Dunham -- $2.95 delivered
2011 SP Authentic Sign of the Times #SOTDS Devon Setoguchi Group C (1:4,435 Packs) -- $3.75 for the card
This info is from a 2012 SPA Product review:
According to Upper Deck - these cards were meant to be inserted in 2010-11 Upper Deck SP Authentic Hockey however, in an attempt to reduce the number of redemptions in that product - they pulled the redemptions from the pack-out. Upper Deck ended up getting the cards back from the players and are releasing them in this set.These are ADDITIONAL AUTO HITS - Over & Above the stated odds. So if you hit one of these, feel very lucky!!!
# 4. (Honorable Mention - Not an Entry)
2002 UD Prospects Jersey / Autograph Adam Munro 11/30 -- $0.99 opening bid
Last edited by antoine38; 08-02-2012 at 04:23 AM.Collecting:
- Non-Certified Autographed Cards
- Jeremy Roenick Numbered Cards
08-02-2012, 01:56 AM #9
# 1: Ryan Getzlaf/Scott Niedermayer '08-'09 BAP Dual Auto ($8.49 shipped)
My favorite player and one of the best Ducks' d-men in team history, on one card? Sweet as can be. Both were instrumental in the only Cup the Ducks have won, Nieds is going to the Hall, and I believe Getz will be there one day as well. There are no other completed auctions for comparisons sake, and there's only one other listed on eBay, a BIN for $19.
# 2: Bobby Ryan '11-'12 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Social Signatures ($11.99 shipped)
A great set from Panini, with a fantastic design and hard-signed autos. Prices have been all over the map for these. Of the three currently listed, not one if cheaper than 28 clams, and looking at completed auctions yields prices between $9.50 and $18.24. I also saw a few go into the 30ish plus range a while back.
# 3: Ryan Getzlaf '11-'12 Limited Stanley Cup Winners Auto #'d /99 ($14.08 shipped)
A fantastic on-card auto of my favorite player, one of the game's elites, and it commerates the Ducks' Cup win. Prices have ranged from the low teens to the $30 range. The silver on black is just nails.