Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not true.. All teams get away with it.

We just complain about the teams we dont like.

Did you watch the Nuggets Thunder series last year?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Didnt Miami miss 2 of the 4 Techs?

You're missing the point. The NBA is always giving the teams they want to win special treatment. The Celtics (who most people on here hate) couldn't say a word without it being a technical, whereas Wade and LeBron cry all the time and never get a technical.

It's obvious the NBA wants the Heat in the finals. It's just so obvious.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's obvious the NBA wants the Heat in the finals. It's just so obvious.

Agreed. You'd think they wouldn't make it quite so obvious though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Those calls were discretionary and leaves so much room for error and interpretation. There is no consistency in the calls. However, they seem to conveniently favor superstar players. That's all I'm saying. Not the Iguodalas, Grangers, Rudy Gays (they were in the playoffs right? lmao). I'm talking Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant etc. Why else would D Rose complain about NOT getting those calls? We have to stop ignoring the elephant in the room and realize this is a big part of this game. It's actually the part that turns off most casual fans. And it maybe......just maybe one of the reasons fans are turned off by certain players. For example, raised elbows would usually be grounds for a T.

Regardless, the Celtics had an opportunity. They missed shots and I said earlier that they have to stop all the jump shots and force the issue inside.
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 05-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country
    See Kutzora8's Items on eBay

Well I guess it didn't take long for people to find their excuse on why Boston lost to Miami.

Good to know.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country

If only superstars get these calls, that would include Garnett, Pierce and Allen? I mean Allen flopped on a 3 and got a foul. Point is both teams are getting the calls. Stop using it as an excuse.
    Garnett is consistently ranked by his fellow players as the dirtiest player in the NBA. Boston has this stigma that they use dirty tricks to get what they want.
    Rondo tripping battier, tipping balls away after makes, hitting lebron hard and then getting inbhis face to try to start a fight (and then complaining that lebron is "showboating" because he didn't take garnetts bait.)

Give me a break with this crap. The techs were pretty bad but they weren't completely undeserved. They were trying dirty tactics to try to gain an advantage when their play wasn't working for them.

I find all the excuses funny. I will see what you guys come up with next though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

If only superstars get these calls, that would include Garnett, Pierce and Allen? I mean Allen flopped on a 3 and got a foul. Point is both teams are getting the calls. Stop using it as an excuse.
    Garnett is consistently ranked by his fellow players as the dirtiest player in the NBA. Boston has this stigma that they use dirty tricks to get what they want.
    Rondo tripping battier, tipping balls away after makes, hitting lebron hard and then getting inbhis face to try to start a fight (and then complaining that lebron is "showboating" because he didn't take garnetts bait.)

Give me a break with this crap. The techs were pretty bad but they weren't completely undeserved. They were trying dirty tactics to try to gain an advantage when their play wasn't working for them.

I find all the excuses funny. I will see what you guys come up with next though.

This was my excuse for why they lost which sync's with my earlier "excuse". But again, I'm not vested....emotionally or financially so I guess my observations are tainted lmao.....
    "Regardless, the Celtics had an opportunity. They missed shots and I said earlier that they have to stop all the jump shots and force the issue inside. "

The other "crap" isn't even limited to the Heat so don't take it personally. It's most NBA games where these refs don't seem to call games by the rules. And it usually lines up with who is on the court. And are we really ready to compare the star power of Garnett/Allen/Pierce to that of Wade/Lebron?? It's called big fish / little fish. Celtics>Philly, Heat>Celtics. Those T's last night were to remind the C's of where they stood.
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 05-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nccstud's Items on eBay

If the NBA loves the Heat so much and have it made for them to get to the Finals, why didn't they win last year?

Let's face facts they are a GREAT Team....2 of top 5 players in the league and now the bench is supporting them...

I have Always Liked Lebron even back in Cleveland, I know MANY people hate him and to each his own.....I just get tired of hearing about how the refs cheat, and he how does this and that, and he gets all the calls.

I give props where they are Due...I Don't like the Celtics but Rondo is a Beast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (80)
    Country

Thats just it cgb. I agree with most of what you have said, and for the most part we agree. Except the fact that both teams are getting those calls. Much as lanham just pointed out, if it was so fixed then they would have won it last year. All star players get those calls. Celtics big 4 were getting them yesterday as well. Most people on here wont even look at that. Look at one side and call it as gospel. Both teams get these calls, its no reason to use it as an excuse for why one team won and the other didnt.

Simple fact of last night, as you pointed out and several Celtics fans (see non Miami haters) is that Boston simply missed shots they should have hit. Not because of refs or whatever reason. Boston just didnt perform. One other person mentioned earlier and I think it was spot on, Boston was just tired. Game 7 and 2 days later in Miami. I expect them to come back tomorrow refreshed and ready to hit those shots. It will be a great game/series because of the team. Just tired of hearing this and that excuse for why a better team won. They won because they were better, end of story.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

hahahaha it's so great.

Lebron LAUGHED while holding the ball in kg's face LOL LOL

32 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks.
    Lebron James: Winning!

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast