Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Best of luck brotha. I'm trying to find an Absolute Retail #'d/399 from this year and I have yet to see ONE! Like you I have all the other retail ones but that non short print one is a real pain in the butt to track down. Much more difficult than I ever thought!
    ~Matt

Also running into a problem with Absolute retail.

For me it's Julius Thomas in 2011.

Not one retail version has popped up on ebay. Found three (bought two) of the /5 hobby versions, and multiples of all the other hobby versions, but nothing from the retail product. ZERO!

And I check his listings at least 5 times a day for new listings. Have been since August. Almost every time I get online, I peek for anything new first thing.

I am coming to the conclusion that they just have not been pulled yet, or have been, but by people who don't sell their cards. At least not on ebay.

The same thing for Gridiron Gear "O's". Only one came up, a silver, but it was graded by a company I have never heard of, and I did not want a graded version. I could have bought over half the "X" platinum/25 versions, but not one single retail has ever popped up.

I did notice that there were very few blasters of these products at the store Target I go to. (Don;t shop at Walmart.) Saw LOTS of Chrome, and several other products, including Contenders, so it's not like someone is rushing in buying it all up. Although I suppose it's possible.

I bought the only box of Absolute I saw at Target, and did not pull a rookie in it. (I remember posting in the thread about the difference between the two versions.)

They gotta be out there somewhere. It amazes me that so much hobby stuff gets listed, but almost nothing from the retail.

Glad I'm not the only frustrated one out there. Thanks for the replies!

It will pop up eventually. The rookies are hard to pull and people just don't list a /299 no name rookie on ebay often I guess.
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 217/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)

Quote Originally Posted by xposipx View Post
    Glad I'm not the only frustrated one out there. Thanks for the replies!

It will pop up eventually. The rookies are hard to pull and people just don't list a /299 no name rookie on ebay often I guess.
    They do for the hobby version. For Julius, there's hobby /299 and /50 up right now. I could have bought at least 50 of the /299 since the product came out.

I agree, eventually they have to come up. I just can't believe it's taking so long. I have almost completed my collection aside from the 1/1's and a few select other cards, but those retails are nowhere to be found.

YET!

I guess it's part of the chase though.
    Last edited by JWinn; 06-04-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    They do for the hobby version. For Julius, there's hobby /299 and /50 up right now. I could have bought at least 50 of the /299 since the product came out.

I agree, eventually they have to come up. I just can't believe it's taking so long. I have almost completed my collection aside from the 1/1's and a few select other cards, but those retails are nowhere to be found.
    Remember the target market for the retail product. How many 10-year-olds are flipping their funny-looking cards with the numbers on the back on eBay?
    Go Bears! Go Blackhawks!

PC: Random Urlacher/Bears/shiny things

Quote Originally Posted by Counterbalance View Post
    Remember the target market for the retail product. How many 10-year-olds are flipping their funny-looking cards with the numbers on the back on eBay?

Darn 10 year olds are ruining the hobby!!!!!!
    Hidden Content

Very true! Or the 90 year old grandmas who buy the boxes for their grandkids and forget to give it to em!

Oh, I realize that.

However, I have read many posts here regarding retail boxes that have little to do with kids.

Pack searching is well covered here by the collectors and flippers. People who buy the blasters, take them home, and replace the original contents with older, worthless product. Stuff like this pops here on a regular basis.

Kids may be the target market, but it's hardly the only market for the retail stuff.

Some of these have to be in the hands of collectors.

bump
    Hidden Content

He got his first NFL TD! Woohoo! He needs a huge showing this preseason to make it in the NFL. Great start!
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast