Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Poll: Most independents in 75 years

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77030.html

There are now more Americans who consider themselves politically independent than at any other point in the last three-quarters of a century, according to a new report Monday that emphasizes the critical role this demographic will play in the 2012 election.

Almost four in ten Americans, 38 percent, currently identify themselves as independents, a Pew Research Center poll found. This is an increase from 32 percent of Americans who considered themselves independents in 2008 and 30 percent in both 2004 and 2000.

Meanwhile, 32 percent consider themselves a part of the Democratic Party, whereas 24 percent say they are affiliated with the Republican Party.

While the percentage of Americans who consider themselves a member of either political party has been shrinking, Pew also found that conservative Republicans and liberal Democrats have been on the rise, indicating an increasingly partisan landscape.

This year, 68 percent of Republicans said they consider themselves conservative – a rise from the 60 percent of GOPers who said the same back in 2000. On the other hand, 38 percent of Democrats currently say they are liberal – also a notable rise from just 28 percent of the party that said this 12 years ago.

Meanwhile, independents are most likely to describe themselves as “moderate,” with 43 percent of them describing themselves this way, compared to 30 percent of independents who say they are conservative and 22 percent who say they are liberal.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not surprising at all....

I myself am an independent, I couldn't take the COWARDICE of the Democratic party, but I'm also not insane enough to join the MONSTERS from the GOP.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I'm insane, but can see why people have jumped the ship on both sides

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Both parties are full of it. I have never registered with either one and never will. I always vote for the canidate not the party. Now I know all of you republican supports will say that is not true of me but mabey if ya'll bought out some decent canidates I would consider voting for them.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I guess that depends on your version of what is decent, Obama? Clinton?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I guess that depends on your version of what is decent, Obama? Clinton?

They sure beat the heck out of bush, romney, santorum, cain, etc.
    Last edited by pghin08; 06-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

They sure beat the heck out of bush, romney, santorum, cain, etc.

I'm a Republican 1%er and I agree with this message