Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My Manny Pacquiao in person memorabilia

hello boxing fans, i made a thread for boxing memorabilia i got in a different thread forum i didnt know there was a boxing thread. so anyways i was wondering if there was any boxing experts out there to answer a couple of questions i had. every fight manny pacquiao has he trains in the gym im part of in baguio. so getting his sig is not hard at all during these times. also freddie roach is always there and getting his sig is just as easy. not to mention sometimes amir khan and other sparring partners come up with him. i got stuffed signed but ive asked so many people about what they thought an autographed basketball of his would be worth. its a unique item in my opinion i havnt seen any online. do i base it off the average nba player? so are there any boxing experts who can give me an idea of what they think its worth?

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FILE8808.jpg
    http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_3469.jpg

i have other pics in my bucket let me know what you think. any input would be very appreciated,the philippines doesnt have any hobby shops to go to so all i have is you guys, thanks

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FILE8792.jpg
    http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FILE8735.jpg
    http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FILE8690.jpg
    http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FILE8673.jpg
    Last edited by robnmaria; 06-05-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: .

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very cool!

I've been to the Phillippines, and you're right, I can't imagine there would be a lot of hobby shops there.

I'm no expert on autographs, but I would imagine for it to really be worth anything it would have to be authenticated by a reputable authenticator. Pictures are awesome but it's not worth as much un-authenticated.

Otherwise, I have no idea what a Pacquiao auto is worth. All I know is his 2011 Ginter cards are crazy expensive and I've opened 2 hobby boxes and countless blasters, retail packs, and rack packs and never pulled a single one. No regular base card, no minis, no nothin. Boo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool!

I've been to the Phillippines, and you're right, I can't imagine there would be a lot of hobby shops there.

I'm no expert on autographs, but I would imagine for it to really be worth anything it would have to be authenticated by a reputable authenticator. Pictures are awesome but it's not worth as much un-authenticated.

Otherwise, I have no idea what a Pacquiao auto is worth. All I know is his 2011 Ginter cards are crazy expensive and I've opened 2 hobby boxes and countless blasters, retail packs, and rack packs and never pulled a single one. No regular base card, no minis, no nothin. Boo.

thanks for the reply, if i was gonna sell it i would have it authenticated but im just trying to see how much people think it would be worth assuming it was authenticated. im sure its hard to sell un-authenticated stuff, but assuming it was authenticated i wonder how much it could be worth. ive seen online an average basketball player signed ball is like 150 to 200 dollars a star player 300 to 400 and beyond. i know i cant compare, its like kobe signing a boxing glove. a pacquiao signed basketball is hard to price so i guess that tells me its a unique item. im hoping there is at least one boxing expert out there who knows boxing memorabilia, theres alot of stuff id like to get opinions on. such as practice used stuff by pacquiao and amir khan, is it worth trying to get? how much would a body protector and hand mitts used by freddie roach to train pacquiao and george st pierre be worth? i have a chance to get these kinda things but is it worth getting? i hope somebody out there could give me some advice thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

a basketball? why?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I don't think it would be worth that much. People who want Pac Man's signature want it on a boxing related item. People aren't going to pay a premium for a basketball. It is like getting Derek Jeter on a hockey puck. Is it rare? Yes. Does anybody want that? No.

I just saw that you likened it to a boxing glove signed by Kobe. That's another good analogy, and I don't think a boxing glove signed by Kobe would get nearly what a basketball signed by Kobe would bring.
    Last edited by jyosi; 06-10-2012 at 12:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well ill tell you why i got a basketball signed guys. first of all thanks for taking the time to read the thread. anyways he comes here in baguio city philippines for high alt. training in the gym i go to. he stays here and trains for a couple weeks at a time. in this time getting him to sign something is a piece of cake all you have to do is buy something to get signed. its not like wild card where they dont let anybody in. over here you can watch his training talk to freddie roach for hours if you want, its very casual indeed. i have my fair share of gloves, hats, shirts, magazines and so on signed. it wasnt like it was a one time thing where i had to choose from gloves or a basketball, i could come in the next day and always know i could get what ever i wanted signed. i got a ball signed because yes it is unique and its not seen to often but one other reason is because the guy loves basketball. we even played in a league together different teams of course but in the same league. so i knew he would sign the ball with no problem. he does have some link to the basketball world so its not to weird as his signing a hockey puck. i mean you can find ali sigs on a baseball with high value. i dont expect to break the bank with the ball in fact all the stuff i have i really dont intend to sell. i was just curious as to how much people though it was worth, if its worth as much as i paid for the ball so be it i wont lose sleep over it. he will be back in october and i will get more stuff signed. i still think it looks really cool though, if you had a chance to get a signed basketball from him and all you had to do was buy the ball you wouldnt do it? no waiting in an hour line no signature fee or entrance fee no fee at all you wouldnt get a ball signed? i mean its not like i got a volleyball signed right