Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are there no more card shops around ?

i looked in phone book and there are 3-4 shops in there, called 3 of them and phone numbers no good... the other, a lady answered and didnt seem like she had a clue... i asked if they sold rookie cards, and she said... "we had a rookie card of some football player the other day, cant remember who it was"

so other than phone book, curious if there is a way to find local shops... if they even exist

SCF Rewards

The internet overtook most of them.

SCF Rewards

I tend to agree, the amount of card shops in my area has constantly been dwindling over the years.
    Most people just use eBay or go to Card Shows to get the cards they are looking for.

Your best bet is to do an Internet search, or look in Beckett advertisements for locating a card shop nearest you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

most are all online now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

shows and eBay/internet are all you really need anyway. Shops are usually overpriced due to their overhead.

SCF Rewards

this is kind of off topic but
    does anyone here know of a card shop on the north side of chitown?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scrubbyslacker's Items on eBay

i know one card shop near jefferson park its close to chi town

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by 00bolt
    i looked in phone book and there are 3-4 shops in there, called 3 of them and phone numbers no good... the other, a lady answered and didnt seem like she had a clue... i asked if they sold rookie cards, and she said... "we had a rookie card of some football player the other day, cant remember who it was"

so other than phone book, curious if there is a way to find local shops... if they even exist

Probably would be more helpful if we knew where you lived. I tried checking your profile but I didn't see a location.

As for the store where the lady sounded clueless. Its worth a shot going there if its close by because the card shop that I go to has a women fill in for the regular guy when he's on vacation/sick/etc and she doesn't know squat about cards. His shop is great though but finding good help to fill in for him is always tough.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

im in Arlington, Texas

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tomkatt2's Items on eBay

There are definitely not many of us left. I've heard about 900 or so card stores remain.